Cat General > Cat related Petitions

Crossed posted -Warning Cruelty!

(1/2) > >>

Tan:
Me too CC. I have emailed Mags explaining why the thread was deleted and take full blame for not handling the compliants by offended members in the right way. The compliants were absolutley nothing to do with this awfuls man cruelty and i agree it is important that if Purrs members can help stop or spread the word about any cruelty that we know about it.

ccmacey:
I'm sorry that we have lost MBll he/she seemed to bring a lot of worthy causes to discuss, things some of us might not of known about if they weren't posted. The situation in hand we can obviously do nothing about, and although this place is here for us to say how we feel about things maybe we should of kept some of our comments to ourselves.

Tan:
Sorry Mbll it was me that deleted the Thread. It wasn't the Animal cruelty aspect and i agree with you totally that any way we all can help stop any awful animal cruelty is important. The thread was deleted because it started to offend some members regarding the disability aspect of the posts. Sorry, i should of notified you before i deleted it or just taken out the offending parts. Still a learning process running a forum for me.

I definately in no way condon the awful cruelty this man has done. I Jave emailed you.

I have reposted the main parts below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by smudgepickles
I have emailed it to my boss's PA in Singapore and Russia and asked them to send it all around the world to their friends and family's too. Im quite amazed at the newspapers response
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by MBll
1 reply back i have

Re Gerald McClellan Benefit Evening
Date: 21/02/2007 11:46:44 GMT Standard

Thank you very much for your email about the Gerald McClellan Benefit Evening to the Mayor. As Senior Policy Officer - Animal Protection - I have been asked to respond.

The Mayor's opposition to all forms of animal cruelty is well documented and the past events you describe are of course abhorrent to all right-thinking people. Unfortunately, the Mayor has no jurisdiction in the matter of the benefit night and whatever the Mayor says will make no difference to this privately-organised evening going ahead.

I am sorry I cannot give you a more positive answer.

Yours sincerely

Natasha Fuchs
Senior Policy Officer - Animal Protection

In other words saying why should i bother saying anything.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by MBll
I just crossposted that from another site thats all......but i have personaly sent off emails  thats stated on the post...no doubt will fall on deaf ears?  Also passed onto a couple of animal campaigning organisations

Any cruelty especialy this level  turns my stomach, makes me sick.    Anyone that dishes out cruelty at any level is NOT classed as 'human'  dosn't matter what age, disability, religion or whatever. NOT 'civilised human' not even close.

As  Mahatma Gandhi says...a nation is judged by how they treat animals...........I say  society is judged by how they treat animals. ...................evil, barbaric, twisted, sadistic &  murderers.   Its known that those that dish cruelty out to defences animals go onto do it to their own kind.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gerald McClellan - ex boxer and dog fighter being honored

On Saturday Feb 24th the Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane, London is hosting an event called the Gerald McClellan Benefit Evening. McClellan is a disabled American ex-boxer left with brain damage after his fight with Nigel Benn 10 years ago - he's partially paralysed, totally blind, & virtually deaf. Top sports stars & celebrities are attending this high-profile fundraising evening for him.

McClellan bred, trained & fought pitbulls all his adult life. 'Training'
consisted of him getting dogs, cats & other animals from pet shops & rescue centres.

Appallingly, McClellan also used to video himself carrying out these atrocities - he enjoyed what he was doing so much that he got actual pleasure from watching it back later on - he called it 'entertainment'Appallingly, McClellan also used to video himself carrying out these atrocities - he enjoyed

Tellingly, his cousin said of him: "Gerald likes killin' things." He also described McClellan as: "A violent, violent, violent, violent, violent man." Scary.

This is the man whom top sports stars & celebrities are going to honour & fawn over on February 24th, with all the Press watching. They're going to hold him up as a hero. Give him a standing ovation. Talk about his dignity and courage. His own website describes him as a 'gallant & noble man' - anyone else feel like vomiting?

I've written to all the papers & got nowhere - no one wants to touch this story.
He's still the same man who tortured & terrified animals until they were dead, still the same man who did it over & over again. Still the same man who videotaped it.

The Press haven't done anything, nor have other animal welfare groups I've contacted. I'm running out of options. I'm stuck up here in Huddersfield & feel so frustrated. I want something the media will take interest in - I suggested a Name & Shame campaign, but they didn't even go for that. So:
are there any groups in London who could organise a demonstration outside the Grosvenor on the benefit night? Most of the people going know about McClellan's past:
by attending the event they're condoning his actions & to me should be called to account for that - they're condoning the dog-fights, the animals taken from pet shops and rescue centres.

(http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/story/0,6903,583541,00.html) - for more details about him.

www.geraldmcclellanwww.geraldmcclellan<wbr>.co.uk - contains a constan

I am totally contactable if anyone wants to PM me about this issue.

If a demo can't be organised, please could as many people as possible write to the Grosvenor House Hotel complaining about the event? Here are a few addresses you might feel like emailing:

mayor@london.gov.uk - Ken Livingstone is trumpeting his Animal Welfare
Framework: get him to make it valid!

mirrornews@mirror.mirro
talkback@the-talkback
news.desk@express.news
news@dailymail.news
peoplenews@mgn.peopl

feedback.thebill@feedback.th - cast members on the guest list

claude.abrams@boxingnewsonline.net (put 'Seconds Out' in subject box)

richard.caborn@culture.gsi.gov.uk - Labour sports secretary

The Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane, London, W1K 7TN

Sorry this is such a long post but I can't tell you how strongly I feel about this. My Dad's spreading the word throughout the Manchester boxing scene & has a lot of respected people on his side, but we can't seem to get anything actually done. We want the event cancelled: McClellan can do what he wants - we just don't want to see him being honoured & feted & no one saying anything about what he's really like.

Cancelled would be great. But to be honest, a demonstration would be even better because it would publicise the whole thing.

Anything would be welcome from you - info, links, help. This site's a breath of fresh air after the nightmares I've had to absorb into my brain over this: please please help if you can.

Nicky
Reply and read comments on forum at

(http://www.animalsuffering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5382)

MBll:
This was removed as someone went balistic & complained, to me  that says they are  condoningthis eveil cruelty? My email address is on here so do you have the balls to email me & explain why, probably not.    As im not going to be posting here again as  im disgusted & no point in keepin my account open so im askin for it to be deleted, not that it matters to anyone.

I guess this will be deleted as i wont be back to check it? 

Gill (sneakiefeline):
Mbll  I have sent you a PM

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version