Author Topic: Prescription food without a prescription  (Read 2006 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Prescription food without a prescription
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 12:26:20 PM »
It says - Meat and animal byproducts, fish & fish byproducts, cereals, vegetable byproducts, oils & fats, minerals & vitamins.

"restricted level of protein but of high-quality. Mineral balancing properties (low phosphorus content) favours the production of an alkaline urine."

Probably no worse than Hills or RC - It apparently was owned by Nestle but there was a management buyout.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 13:15:50 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 11:42:36 AM »
What are the ingredients like on the renal Mark?
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 11:27:06 AM »
Delivery cam today!

Willow likes the Italian food!
Yet to try Kylie with the Techni-cal diet  ;D
The Renal is "Trovet" - I thought I ordered Techni-cal renal but it's not on their site so I must be confused  :Crazy: - I hope it's OK - I've never heard of that brand

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 07:31:02 AM »
It's OK if you like that kinda thing - I love all cats but given the choice, shorthair every time for me  ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 00:14:04 AM »
I didnt think that was Clapton but it is one beauty ful cat, not that Clapton isnt you unerfstang...........................grrrrrrrrrrrr getting coat  :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 21:27:54 PM »
No it's a photo from the petsupermarket site. They are selling a kitty brass bed for £49.99. There is a better picture of the bed on the site but without a kitty on it. I think they are ridiculous  :evillaugh:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 19:28:59 PM »
I have always had to order onine.

Whos that napping,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is it Clapton? Gorgeous  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 19:13:20 PM »
I haven't seen it for a long time. The Pet Shop in Stoke Newington sold it but I haven't seen it since. I got on well with the owner and she gave me loads of free samples of techni-cal dry  ;D

I thought the free delivery on orders over £20 is great as you don't have to buy things you don't need (like when I order from PetPlanet  :tired: )

BTW - did you see the kitty brass bed for £49.99  :evillaugh:

PS - it doesn't say until you get to checkout but -

Free delivery on orders over £19.50
Free delivery + cuddly toy orders over £35.00
Free delivery + 5% discount over £50.00
Free delivery + 10% discount over £90.00 (I think)

Oh - one more thing - I got an email about an hour after I ordered saying it had been shipped  :wow: :wow:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 19:22:13 PM by Mark »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 17:54:59 PM »
Thanks for that link Mark cos my cats eat TechniCal biscuits and even the birmans are caught eating them now.

I didnt know that they didnt do animal testing but thats great to know and the biscuits are big favs with my cats.

Hope that Clapton will also like techniCal  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 11:55:57 AM »
I just checked the price and it isn't that much cheaper than the vet. So who is making the profit? - the manufacturer no doubt. I am praying he will like techni-cal. Even if I can give him 1/2 & 1/2 senior and prescription I'm sure it will help.

At the moment, he is mad on a new senior food Tesco have started doing - only available in chicken but 23p a hit is better than over £1 for renal (I don't begrudge him but would like to buy it cheaper)
Also, I got Asda oown senior yesterday, 12 pouches (all chicken!) in gravy for £1.95 which he seems to like (today at least!  :evillaugh: )

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 11:48:49 AM »
I didn't think you could buy prescription food without a prescription from the vet.

They aren't really a POM product, they get called prescription because they should be used under veterinary direction and i spose before internet shopping took off, only available from your vet.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Prescription food without a prescription
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 09:18:56 AM »
I have been trawling, trying to find other CRF foods for Clapton to try. I came across petfood warehouse which sells Techni-cal renal - It's cheaper than I  have been paying at the vets for Hills and I found out fron Canterbury Animal Respect website that Tecni-cal don't do animal testing - bonus!!  ;D
Fingers crossed he will eat it!! - I didn't think you could buy prescription food without a prescription from the vet.

It's worth a look on their site as I found a dry food for willow to try which says it helps with food sensitivities including runny eyes (willow has allergic conjunctivitis) - it's called Forza1 (Italian)

Their prices are good and they do free delivery if you spend more than £20.00

They also sells beds, litter etc

www.petfoodwarehouse.co.uk

Link to CatChat