Author Topic: Injections question  (Read 1383 times)

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
Re: Injections question
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 19:30:58 PM »
The vet saw what injections she had had from which company and said it was three weeks.  I had better get her done again, better safe than sorry.  It is only for peace of mind though as she won't be being left in a cattery as there is always someone at home to look after them.  Poor love is still being depressed after being speyed, she really won't like going back to the vet.  :(

Thanks for all your help,

Karen
x

Offline Amanda (mad4moggies)

• Adult Cat
  • RIP Spot 18/04/11 - Missed more than words can say
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 14:28:51 PM »
I`ve had this same thing happen at work before and i had to contact the company that manufactures the vaccine. The said that although sometimes a little bit over is ok they have to stick to what it says on the data sheet. Could you phone your vet and ask them to have a read of the little sheet that comes in the box of vaccines and this should say.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 12:00:16 PM »
For purevax my friend was told 5 weeks is ok.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 15:40:14 PM by Millys Mum »

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 10:22:08 AM »
It is normal to have them 3 weeks apart but I have no idea whether 5 weeks is ok or not.  As Lynn has suggested it will vary depending on the brand I'd follow your vet's advice tbh and have them done again.  If you don't you might find you have a problem if you ever want to put your cat in a cattery as they may not accept them with injections that were given that far apart (or a booster done after initial injections that far apart).

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 10:03:40 AM »
i'd be cautious, it will depend on the vaccine brand/make as they may all have slightly different guidelines, i'd reccomend you find out the name of the vaccine given and i am sure it will be easy enough to find out via the company themselves.

I thought the normal was 2-3 wks apart but like i said depends on the type of vacc used.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 09:42:14 AM »
Our vets would say 5 weeks was OK
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
Injections question
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 09:01:50 AM »
Lilly is 6 months old, and as far as we were aware she was fully vaccinated having been done before we adopted her.  When we took her to be speyed on Friday the vet said that she wouldn't be fully protected as her second injection was done over 4 weeks after the first one and it should be done within 3-4 weeks.  She recommended having her injected again which we have booked her in for.

Is this the case or is it just a way to get more money out of us?   :sneaky: If she does need them again that's fine but I don't want to have to traumatise her again by taking her to the vets if we don't have to.  It was nearly 5 weeks before the second injection was done.

Thanks for your help,

Karen
x

Link to CatChat