Author Topic: Little Hooligans  (Read 1682 times)

Offline deni

• Adult Cat
  • Rowland and Macavity
Re: Little Hooligans
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 15:06:55 PM »
Bath Mat has been a prime target for as long as I can remember. The other strange target for them are place mats on the dining room table. They go surfing on them. Leap on them at speed, they leave the dining table, slide off onto the wooden floor and glide not always gracefully towards the nearest object that stops them!  ;D

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 14:38:26 PM »
I'm probably going to reget saying this, but my three are remarkably non-destructive. There are one or two patches of wallpaper that they've marked as theirs, but they are more untidy than anything else. The bath mat is often in a heap after they've chased each other in and out of the bathroom a few times.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 14:32:41 PM »
Mine also have a habbit of stealing the dogs treats and playing with them rolling them all across the floor , the dog isnt impressed by this at all .
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline deni

• Adult Cat
  • Rowland and Macavity
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 14:23:15 PM »
Please see from the cats mouth, my two are monsters. Macca has a trick where he drinks tea from a cup using his paw at least he's neat about it. Roly goes in all guns blazing, tips the cup over sniffs the damage and then strolls away, usually on a wooden floor or a good rug!  :tired:

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 14:19:35 PM »
Mine dont go near our drinks so if we leave a glass of orange on the floor or table for a sec its ok ,

I use to love having a vase of flowers in my living room window

but they pull all the heads off the flowers then i find them everywhere  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i moved my sofa out yesterday to clean and i found 3 toy mouses under there and about 7 of my hair bands/bobbles , they steal them then bat them all across the floor till they go under the sofa  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 14:20:10 PM by forever_missing_my_boys »

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 14:14:56 PM »
ha ha!  But you know you wouldn't be without them!  Mine aren't too bad but I learnt long ago not to have much that's breakable.  Mosi knocks stuff over all the time and they both get a bit wild when they're playing but I don't have ornaments or stuff like that around (at least not ones that break if they're knocked over) so breakages are rare.

Mosi knocked a glass of red wine over the other night.  I was a bit peeved about that because I'd gone out of my way to put it somewhere I thought it was safe (I never put it on the floor) and then Mosi goes and tries to walk along the frame of a shelving unit (a bar about an inch and a half wide) and slipped, knocking the glass over  :shify:  Sometimes you can't win!

I dont have much wallpaper but the bedroom has paint over wallpaper and he's peeled some of that off.  I think he just does it to wind me up.  He goes on top of the wardrobe where he knows I can't reach him and plays with a piece in the corner.

Does anyone else have a cat who'd obsessed with glasses of water?  I always used to have a glass of water beside my bed but since Mosi I can't do that as he either drinks from it or dips his paw in it (or knocks it over) so I have to have a bottle of water instead.  Not as easy to take a sip from if you wake up in the night thirsty.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 14:16:30 PM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 14:10:40 PM »
i likes the pic of the cat scratching the sofa  :rofl:

im gonna look in tesco for the lamps now then .

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 13:58:41 PM »
Cats aren't destructive!

They are just "curious"

I know what you mean though - I bought £3 bedside lamps (including the energy saving bulb!) from tesco so If they break, too bad :scratch:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Super Cat
Little Hooligans
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 13:55:30 PM »
omg is it just me that owns cats who break things all the time ?

the latest item broken is my glass touch lamp that i have in the living room  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( one of them jumped up and knocked it over and it smashed into pieces  :'( :'( :'( :'(

youd not beleive me if i listed everything theyve broken  :rofl: :rofl:

it was only a week ago one of them broke my bedside lamp :'(
im not buying a nice one next time im just going to get a plain simple cheap one ,

i want to decorate again , last done it 2 years ago and they ripped the wallpaper within 3 hours of it being put up  :'( :'( yet now its all ripped and that they dont bother clawing it anymore

but i bet if i done it again theyd rip it

so next time im just having my walls painted ,

maybe its borderm as there indoor cats but i know other people with immaculate houses and leather sofas etc who own cats and the cats leave it alone .

Link to CatChat