Author Topic: It just looks so sore :(  (Read 1904 times)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
Re: It just looks so sore :(
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 14:42:19 PM »
forever i read your first post mainly and sounded to me like he was slightly swollen and perhaps had bled slightly in his scrotum after the procecure which isnt the fault of any incompetence but one of those things that may happen. 

Many vets still do not routinely inject an anti inflammatory after a castrate altho i personally think they should, its not negligent if they dont, only the practice isnt as forward thinking as some...up till only a few years ago NO  animals were given painkillers after neutering, thankfully i think the majority prob do but again ive advised many peeps to enquire about this before the op and request it to be given even if it does cost an extra few pounds.

normally after that type of op if there is any swelling its due to fluid and or subcutaenous heamorrhage and not a reaction to anything.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 14:24:17 PM »
it looks a bit blue and bruised now
omg @ the vets  :'( :'(
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

• Super Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 09:30:58 AM »
It seems to be looking slightly better today  :) :) :) :) :)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 08:12:20 AM »
Fingers crossed it settles down quickly.
Please spay your cat

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 19:41:59 PM »
awwwww poor doggie ,

usually the vets i go to dont even give the lampshade collar for the males only the females,
i also thought it was just a quick snip for males
he still wont let us put the collar on him but he will have to have it on over night just incase he does start having a lick down there .

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 19:01:03 PM »
Usually if a tom is bothering the area, something is obviously bothering him.   Normal washing is fine, they will want to clean themselves after the op because someones been messing with their bits, and they want to get rid of the smell.  Generally neutering is a straight forward op but when I had my shepherd cross done a few years ago, it was a nightmare.  He came home and couldn't sit down he was so swollen.  He'd had a reaction to something that they'd used and his nut sacs swelled up like balloons  :censored:  I phoned the vets up as the next thing we knew, blo*dy fluid was pouring out.......the vet told me to pack it and take him in in the morning.  I have to say he was so much more comfortable.......it must have been awful for him.  By the next morning they'd filled up again and he had to have them syringed  :sick:  I had problems with him for a couple of weeks and he had to wear a neck collar.........I felt so guilty as when hubby protested at the dog having the chop, I classed it as a quick snip  :-:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 19:08:23 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 17:58:03 PM »
I think that you have some rights when you take a cat to the vets and unless they say there is a good reason they should not stop you from being with your cat...................I made that mistake once, very bad mistake.............I thought when the boys werer neutered it was q fairly easy op and normally they come back home hardlty aware anything had happened.

I agree with your last sentiment.

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 17:38:53 PM »
NO they didnt and this is wat im so angry about
they just seemed to have attitude with us like it was our fault for letting the cat lick hisself even thou there aftercare leaflet said it was fine for them to wash down there !
they wouldnt even let us go in the room ! they took the cat off us at reception and we was told to take a seat !
even when my females have been spayed theyve never needed to wear the lampshade collar and all my cats have come home from the vet with clean neat wounds .
the vets my mum went to was especialy dedicated to cat care ! its a cat clinic only !
the poor cat was sick on the way home , he has refused to have his collar on and now he has gone to sleep ,i told mum ill come over after 6 and help her put the collar on him .
Ive told her not to bother going to that vet again unless its to complain !

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 17:30:19 PM »
Didnt they give him a painkiller?

IMO if a cat bothers their neuter area to the point of swelling/redness they are uncomfortable. Just think when a human has that procedure, we wouldnt be sitting around with just one post-op jab!

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 16:53:26 PM »
we have just come bk from the vet , first the nurse checked him and said it was swollen yes but he is fine , we ask for a vet to check him also , the vet checked him and said swollen but not infected , they ask if he had been licking it and we told her he had licked it while cleaning himself but he hasnt licked it excessivly , she said he shouldnt b licking it at all ! yet in the aftercare leaflet my mum was given it said it was natural and ok for the cat to clean down there , the vet said he has to wear the lampshade collar now for the next few days so theres no licking whatsoever !

to be honest we are happy we took him but not 100 percent happy with what they said
they were trying to say it was my mums fault for letting him lick it ,yet it looked like that as soon as he come home yesterday before he had licked it once !
if u ask me they had attitude with us !
we will see how he goes but if that swelling isnt compleatly gone by thursday then he will b going bk to the vet ,

as for the check up after the ops
where i live they never say about the males going bk to be checked only the females to go back a week to ten days after to have the stitches checked then removed

the poor cat was sick on the way home aswell !
it just doesnt seem good enough to me !
my cats have never come home in that state that my mums cat came home in yesterday
im not being rude when i say this but its so  swollen it looks as big as the balls of the cat did before they were removed , im just keeping my fingers crossed it all heals ok it must be uncomfortable for the poor little baby .

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 15:16:15 PM »
Most (all?) vets provide a follow up to neutering which should be free of charge anyway.  I had to take Mosi back after a week, but if there'd been any problems I could have taken him back sooner and that would have been free of charge.

I wouldn't be too hasty to attach blame just yet - you don't know what the problem is yet or whether anything has been done wrong.  Neutering is a very simple procedure but like anything complications to happen occasionally.

Fingers crossed it's nothing serious.

• Super Cat
It just looks so sore :(
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 14:49:00 PM »
my mum had her cat (male) neutered yesterday
and it looks so sore and so swollen down there
im sorry but both my male cats bits n pieces did not look like that afterwards
when i had a look i nearly passed out ( very squeamish person i am i know)
we have rung the vets and they will see him at 4 today
theyve agreed to see him free of charge
and if he needs any anibiotic or anything then im sorry but i think they should provide it free of charge too as obviously what ever theyve done to him is there fault !
ive seen lots of friends cats  aday after there ops and believe me they didnt look like this
the por little thing must b sore down there ,he is acting fine in hisself but still he has to b checked over ,im going with my mum, hope everything goes ok .

Link to CatChat