Author Topic: slight limp  (Read 2210 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: slight limp
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2007, 08:07:54 AM »
Sounds like when Tiger went!! Glad he couldn't find anything serious though
Please spay your cat

Offline ej1

• Kitten
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2007, 09:58:00 AM »
I took Tuppence to the vet last night but he couldn't find anything wrong with her after have a good feel round both her back legs and a lot of pulling and prodding etc.  Gave her an anti-inflammatory injection, so we will see how she is.  He reckons it is just a soft tissue damage probably from landing awkwardly when jumping.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 08:20:13 AM »
Lynn, I think Ela means the calici virus. I took Tiger to the vets the first time she limped (I was going anyway though), but the second time I left her a day as the vet hadn't found anything the first time. But i think when dealing with oldies, it is better to be safe than sorry
Please spay your cat

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 19:30:18 PM »
sounds terrible mark, altho clots during pregnancy and post partum are very common and dangerous, new mums die of that in this country every year and there was a big health thing about the pill causing thrombosis etc and also the dvt from long haul flights when if you look at the stats your in a far higher risk catagory from pregnancy....see what us women go through to produce those babies your oh so fond of LOL :evillaugh:

i havent heard of your familys hereditory condition though.  how do they check you at the thrombosis clinic ??

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 16:58:37 PM »
Not nice

We have leiden factor V deficiency in our family and have to go every few years to the thrombosis clinic - it's scary - it killed my mum's mum in her 30's a few days after my mum was born and it killed her sister in her early 50's - not pleasant  :(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 15:14:21 PM »
i wouldnt be so ready to jump in the car if it was just a day and the cat was young but this is the 3rd day i think of the limp and its an oldie..of course it could be something as simple as an in grown nail as thats more common in older cats but which would still need antibiotics, but if it was something more serious such as a clot then this will partially cut off blood supply to the leg and if it dislodges and goes to the lungs,..well !!!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 15:09:47 PM »
It just shows how much we all learn on here. I would never take the advice now but 3 years ago (when she was 4), Kylie came in limping so badly that I thought she had broken her leg. I called the vet straight away and the receptionist asked if she was eating. Strangely she was at her food bowl at that minute, even though she was obviously in pain. She said "As long as she's eating, she can't be to badly injured. Don't bring her in but if she's still like it tomorrow, then we will make an appointment for you". As it turned out, she was a lot better the next day andthat was that. Although there are bad things it could be, I wouldn't panic and expect the worse, although I would get it checked ASAP.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 15:04:25 PM »
It has always been around, it is some sort of flu virus and the first sign is usually limping or even just holding up one paw.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 15:00:34 PM »
for my own info ela which virus you on about ??  is this something thats doing the rounds at the moment ?

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 14:57:28 PM »
I too would take the little one to the vets ASAP there is a virus that needs nipping in the bud that can cause a cat to limp.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 13:15:48 PM »
take her to the vet today i would .
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 13:12:13 PM »
old cats and limps -- vets asap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please go today or tomorrow at latest, older cats can have wide ranging illnesses ranging from normal slight injurys to arthritis, spondyloses of the spine, and also im thinking femoral embolism !!! (blood clot that lodges in femoral artery)

please do get her checked out.

ccmacey

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 13:05:51 PM »
Just take her to vets to be on the safe side, they will give her a pain killer and anti- inflamitry. Is she still limping?

Offline ej1

• Kitten
slight limp
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 12:59:13 PM »
My old girl Tuppence woke up on Sunday morning with a limp, one of her back paws was giving her problems.  She is getting around more easily today but I just wondered if I should take her to the vet straight away or she how she is in another day or so.  I can't see anything in her paw and it doesn't seem to be swollen.  I was wondering if she could have arthritis?  Any thoughts?  Apart from that she is her old self.

Link to CatChat