Author Topic: Makosi meant to be going in to be spayed tommorow :(  (Read 24454 times)

ccmacey

Re: Makosi meant to be going in to be spayed tommorow :(
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 22:17:19 PM »
Sounds like she is pregnant, I agree with you that having the kittens terminated isn't nice but like you have said you couldn't give them away and how do you know you could keep them all.

You have to think about this being realistic and the vets will only terminate up to a certain stage, so better to think about it sooner rather than later. Hard decision.

And your not irresponsible things happen

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
Makosi meant to be going in to be spayed tommorow :(
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 21:01:28 PM »
my cat makosi (the jet black one) is meant to be going in to be spayed tommorow ,
i cant go ahead with it until i find out if shes pregnant or not ,my vets attitude was " unless u can find good homes for 6 kittens then i suggest u go ahead get her spayed and if she was pregnant then it would be too late her babies would be terminated :(:(:(:(:(
i cant do that im sorry ....... im going to wait and see if she comes in to season ,if she does then thats fine after shes finished she will be spayed , shes never been out but we took in max ( he was unneutered at the time ) ( neutered now thou ) , we took him in on the 1st feb , 2 days later makosi came in season ,and it only lasted a few days ( usually lasts about ten)  some people are telling me max would of been too young to get her pregnant others are telling me different , and meanwhile im just playing a waiting game till i know either way , all i know is theres no way im taking the chance of her being pregnant and having this op and her babies dying as id never ever forgive myself , all i know is : makosi is eating more food then she ever has before ,shes not acting ( manic) anymore by manic i mean swinging off curtians and flying round the room chasing the others etc , and when u lift her up her tummy does feel funny but vet said it might just be pooh !  even though shes poohs twice a day lol ive never owned a pregnant cat before so dont know nothing about what early signs to look for , ill proberly get a load of messages saying im irresponsable for letting a situation like this arise but sometimes things happen fro a reason , all i know is i do my very best for all my pets and if she was pregnant then we would keep the babies as i dont know anyone i trust enough to have one of my babies and wouldnt like to put them in to a rescue centre .
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Link to CatChat