Author Topic: Peeing Everywhere  (Read 2290 times)

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
Re: Peeing Everywhere
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2007, 16:15:47 PM »
Feliway all round I guess!

Thanks for the advice guys, thankfully he hasn't done it today, he's being a good boy haha.
He tried to jump up on the work top there but didn't quite make it, so was hanging there by his paws for a few seconds. He seems pretty much back to normal then :D

Sarah x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 12:03:54 PM »
Feliway Spray on the list then  :)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 11:16:03 AM »
think i'd be getting a bottle of the feliway spray rosella if i were you.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 10:54:33 AM »
ha ha rosella..in all serious though this is a really pain in the butt problem

Tell me about it. Thankfully Freddie doesn't go on the duvet altho Tom has had a couple of duvet accidents in the past which was quite shocking. Freddie has about 4 favourites naughty peeing places in addition to the 3 trays that the 3 of them share altho they all use outside too. He stopped using the naughty places (mainly but not all bare floorboards) for a few weeks then back on again. We had 2 Feliway plug ins (last one ran out now and I haven't replaced yet).  I used biological detergent, professional strength urine off and latest is Simple Solution Cat Stain & Odour Removal from PAH. All used on separate occasions, not together.  I think the smell has really soaked through the wood so he keeps going back

I'm off this week so I'm going to blitz everywhere with the biological detergent and see what happens.  Freddie doesn't like closed doors you know. I really wonder if that's the issue now coz of course I try to keep him out of the main naughty peeing room and he just don't like it. Other than that he is in charge of everyone including me and OH and Billy dotes on him.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 10:11:51 AM »
I find the feliway diffuser really good (not for spraying, just general getting along together).  Whenever I notice tensions between Jaffa and Mosi it usually turns out the feliway's ran out.  I think vetuk is probably the cheapest place to get it - it's £16.79 for a diffuser (£11.79 for a refill) and £12.49 for a 60ml spray.  No P&P. I actually find the diffuser best although the spray is more concentrated and often works quicker.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 09:42:23 AM »
no you can buy it from vet or online, shop around for best offer...think its around £12-13 for a bottle which would last a month or so for heavy useage (i prob spray more than is necessary if and when i use it)

Do you know what it is ?? its synthetic cat pheramones ie when they face rub to mark their scent etc its artificial scent...so they think that area is already marked thus no need to pee mark their spot again etc. Its also very useful in alot of cats for calming/ relaxing if they are abit nervous or stressed for any reason. thats why in those cases the plug in diffusers can be great altho you must remember not to have any perfume air freshners going to block their effect.

heres a link for feliway for you to read.
http://www.feliway.uk.com/feliway_uk.nsf/Page?OpenForm

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 09:19:57 AM »
(esp if theres a oh in the house which you have to try and hide all these incidents from LOL - Ive nearly burnt out tumble dryers trying to get Connors duvet dry before dh gets home from work LOL)

My OH isn't too bad, I just hate having to wash the same duvet day after day..  :tired:
Is Feliway quite expensive? I've never bought it. Is it only available online?

Sarah x

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 09:14:59 AM »
ha ha rosella..

in all serious though this is a really pain in the butt problem (esp if theres a oh in the house which you have to try and hide all these incidents from LOL - Ive nearly burnt out tumble dryers trying to get Connors duvet dry before dh gets home from work LOL)

Have you tried feliway ??  I was also advised to wash area thoroughly and once its dried spray with surgical spirits...personally i didnt get the surgical spirits in coz i hate the smell (using it every day when i used to work etc) and i kept forgetting to buy some but i'd defo really recommend spraying the area with the feliway,  Also i was advised to put polythene over the area so if freddie does it in a specific corner that might be easier to implement, i again didnt go for that as plastic over a kids bedding isnt a good idea and he wouldnt sleep with the plastic proper duvet covers coz the crinkle (like hospital beds i suppose)

also i did find that that pet solution was good for cleansing and getting rid of the smell ...think it was called stain away or something ?

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 08:06:37 AM »
Hahaha, thanks everyone for all your advice.

Tom didn't pee anywhere else yesterday, so I'm going to keep an eye out today, his behaviour is normal, him and Tilly are still running around madly etc..
If he does is again I think I'll go to the vets..

I'll keep you's updated

Sarah x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 22:57:54 PM »
Lynn. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

If even the Cody is naughty in this direction, I will stop beating myself up for being a useless mum with the piddling Freddie! No idea how he managed to pee so quickly in the corner of the front room today! He must have broken some kind of record. I swear I turned my head for only a moment

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 09:54:48 AM »
I'd also rule out (via vet) any medical problems and perhaps try a 3rd tray but my own cat has no medical problems and since we have had him he has always been totally untrustworthy with duvets esp but any bedding inc the dogs fluffy blankets.  I have realised that my cat if hes on a bed and padding around just basically likes the feel of the duvets etc and the urge to pee takes over...I'd strongly suggest you wash the areas thoroughly and when dried spray them with "feliway spray" and you could also try a plug in feliway diffuser or two to see if that help you might just have to shut him out of the places where these incidents have occured.
It is very annoying, Cody has gone weeks ++ with no incedents then just as i think the urges have past him and he's wisened up he strikes again !!!  Feliway does help abit with him though so i'd really advise that.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 09:31:27 AM »
Yep, it's better to find out if there's a health issue before you look into any possible changes in Toms surroundings. Hope it's something that can be rectified for the poor guy soon.

I think it's normal to be peeved when a cat does something like this, don't be too hard on yourself.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 09:02:51 AM »
Best get him checked for a UTI, there doesnt have to be blood or signs of pain - but weeing out of the tray indicates something wrong, either medically or behaviourally. But, best to rule out medical first
Please spay your cat

• Super Cat
Peeing Everywhere
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 08:37:57 AM »
For some reason for the last week, Tom has been peeing on the spare bed again. He done this when we first adopted him 3 months ago, he stopped when we kept putting him on his tray, now he's doing it again.

Because I don't see him doing it, I can't take him to his tray obviously..
This morning I seen him squatting on my bathrobe on the floor, so I lifted him up.. MID PEE.

I sat him in his tray whe he finished but he ran away, then he went back to it later and sat in it for a while, but didn't do anything. I feel bad bc I think he can detect that I'm annoyed at this, and he's coming upto me for attention, but I don't want to give him kisses and cuddles after he's done that.  :(

I've changed his litter again, it seems to be every day now, of course I scoop out any number two's when they do them, but it used to be every 3 days I would completely change the litter. Tilly and Tom also share the two litter trays.

Hope someone can give me a bit of advice bc he has been fine for months, it seems strange to go back to this behaviour.

A UTI also crossed my mind, there is no blood in his urine though and he doesn't seem to be in any sort of pain?

Sarah x

Link to CatChat