Author Topic: I think it might be time to let her go....  (Read 17830 times)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Re: I think it might be time to let her go....
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2007, 22:53:05 PM »
We'll all be there with you and Tiggs morrow hun. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ccmacey

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2007, 22:17:45 PM »
I second that Gill.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2007, 22:15:56 PM »
Goodluck tomorrow  :hug: :hug:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2007, 22:11:31 PM »
Hugs to you hun, will be keeping a watch tomorrow.  Fingers x'd you get better news than you expect.

xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2007, 22:06:32 PM »
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all your kind thoughts....  She still hasn't eaten anything, I'm not going to work tomorrow and will try and get the first appointment in the morning instead of the afternoon one I already have booked in case there is something they can give her to make her feel better, I keep thinking that I have made a decision then she will stretch her paw out in the special way that she does and then I am not so sure  :'(

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2007, 22:02:24 PM »
Helen, I'm so sorry to hear that beautiful Tiggy seems to have taken a turn for the worse, I'm hoping so much for you both that it's a false alarm, but as everyone has said, you'll know what the right thing for Tiggy is.  Lots of strokes to Tiggy and hugs to you.

xx

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2007, 21:04:03 PM »
Thinking of you Helen such sad news, I know what you are going through, sending lots of love xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2007, 20:59:03 PM »
Oh Helen I am so sorry to hear about the gorgeous Tiggy  :hug:

My heart goes out to you xxxx

I am thinking of you both and send you both lots of love and hugs xxxxxx

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2007, 20:32:06 PM »
Oh Hun My love and thoughts are with you. I know exacltly what ya going through like so many of us and it's one of the hardest decisions to make. Like the others have said, you love her soo much and she knows that,  you will make the right one for the best for her. She will always be with you.

We are all here for you and will all be with you in spirit tomorrow.  :group:  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2007, 20:28:57 PM »
Hi Helen,

So sorry to hear that Tiggy is unwell but as everybody has said you have given her a wonderful life.  Please keep us posted and let us know how you get on at the Vets tomorrow.  You never know it may not be the end after all you had another scare not so long ago.

Sending positive vibes to you and Tiggy.

:hug:    :luck:   :hug:   :luck:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2007, 19:20:55 PM »
Oh Helen, what devastating news. I am so very sorry that her steroids are not working any more. Tiggy is just so gorgeous and I know you love her so much and having to make the right decision is very hard.

Dont know what else to say except strokes to Tiggy and loads of  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: to you.

Will be thinking of you both tomorrow.

saffron

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2007, 19:10:42 PM »
sorry to hear your news,  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 19:04:07 PM »
Helen,

I can't add anything more to what everyone else has said apart from to reiterate that Tiggy is a very very lucky girl to have had such a caring and loving mummy as you.  I have no doubt you will make the right decision for you prescious little girl but we all appreciate that it will be one of the hardest things you ever have to do.

My heart goes out to you hun.  Big hugs to you and lots of love and gentle cuddles to Tiggy.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

ccmacey

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 18:57:01 PM »
OMG Helen, I'm so sorry to read about Tiggy and what you are both going through, I'm crying my eyes out while writing this, its so sad. I hope that if the darling Tiggy has anything left in her she will be happy for the rest of her days, and if you have to make the decision to let her rest then I hope we can all be a comfort to you, but obviously everyone is hoping for the best for Tiggy and I know you will do what is right for her.

So sad Helen, please let us know what happens tomorrow if you can.

Thinking of you at this very difficult time, sending lots of positive thoughts for you and Tiggy.

Love and bets wishes, cc. :'(  :hug:

Offline Rhona

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 18:44:59 PM »
Thinking of you at this very sad time Helen.  Only you will know when it is the right time to let Tiggy go.  I was in the same situation last summer & letting go was one of the hardest things I have ever done.  Be strong.   Sending you a huge hug x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2007, 18:01:45 PM »
Hi Helen,

I know you have become an expert on Tiggy's problem and done everything possible. I know when we are that close, we are tuned in to our babies and know what's best for them. I know how hard it will be if you have to make that decision but I know you will do what's best for her as you love her so much. I hope for yours & Tiggy's sake it's something else but whatever the outcome, you kept her well for as long as you could.

Thinking of you both

Mark.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 17:54:20 PM »
I am so sorry that it looks like her time, she is so incredibly lucky to have had a mum like you though, who has done so much to keep her happy and healthy, and I know you will do whatever is right for her tomorrow, not all cats are that lucky. It really isn't an easy position to be in though, we are all here for you if you need to talk, sadly the majority of us know what you are going through. At least by choosing, you will know that she has gone peacefully, and with someone who loves her so much with her, rather than having to go through pain and suffering.
Please spay your cat

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 17:29:23 PM »
Helen
Just thinking that if all the cats in the world had half the amount of care you have devoted to the beautiful Tiggy then what a wonderful place it would be.
Tiggy has touched all of our hearts and sadly too many of us know what you are going through.
I wish I could take your pain away  :hug: to you and Tiggy
Tx  

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 17:25:59 PM »
Helen

I am so sorry hun, I wish there was something, anything, any of us could for you so that you didn't need to make such a tough decision. You've worked so hard with Tiggy to keep her as healthy as can be, and I know you love her so if you do have to make that decision it will be what is right for Tiggy.

Thinking of you.

Hugs to you both

Ruth x

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 17:13:03 PM »
Helen

I am so sorry to hear that Tiggy is poorly. Gentle kisses to her.

Please call me any time tomorrow if you would like to talk anything through at all.

Love to both of you

Christine
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 16:54:08 PM »
Helen,

So sorry to hear this news.  I know how much you love Tiggy and this must be absolutely heartbreaking for you.  She is a very lucky girl to have you and I know you will do the right thing for Tiggy as you have been doing for the last 4 years whilst she has been unwell.

I am thinking of you.  Big Hugs to you and kisses for my beautiful Tiggy.

Linda x

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 16:44:52 PM »
Helen, so sorry to hear that Tiggy isn't feeling too well, thinking of you, I know how difficult it is at a time like this.
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 16:44:11 PM »
Helen, so sorry to hear this. I know you will do whatever you feel is right for Tiggy. We all know how much you adore Tiggy and I think Tiggy is one of the luckiest cats in the world to have a mum like you who cares for her so much.

Take care and I am sending my love to you both. *gentle cuddles for the gorgeous Tiggy* :group:
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 16:40:55 PM »
Im really sorry to hear this Helen   :hug:
I know how you are feeling having been in the same position last week, my heart goes out to you  :hug:  :hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 16:12:23 PM »
Oh Helen, I really feel for you having to make this decision   :'(  I know you'll do whatever's right for Tiggy, so very hard to contemplate though.  Sending  :hug: to you both.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 16:01:36 PM »
Helen, stay strong. I know personally how hard this decision is (as many people on here do) and you're right, when you have to say that you feel it's time to let go, it's terribly painful. But it's painful for you, not them. They know how much they've been loved and cherished by you and THAT is the thing you have to cling to.

When you go to the vets tomorrow, do what you feel is right.(I know you will. You love Tiggy too much not to.)

I'm sending you HUGE hugs and please contact me if you feel you need to talk.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
I think it might be time to let her go....
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 15:56:07 PM »
I think I might have to let my baby go, she has hardly eaten all weekend and is generally miserable.  She makes a swallowing motion like she feels sick although she hasn't actually been sick.  I can't get her to take her tablets in treats like she has done for the past 4 years as she won't eat anything so I tried to give them to her on their own, only managed to give her the anti nausea medication but it doesn't seem to be working.

I have a vets appointment booked for tomorrow afternoon and I think I know what he is going to say.  When she first started on the steroid injections he said how with his own cat the effects lasted for 4 weeks, then 3 weeks and when they only lasted for 2 weeks he had to let his cat go. 

Tiggy's jab has lasted less than two weeks.  I don't think there is anything elese that can be done for her, she looks so weak and tired but I can't bear the thought of having to choose, I keep telling her that if she is tired then she must go, not to wait for me.  I spent all this morning laying next to her and gently stroking her, she started to purr which gave me some hope but I think it was an attempt to comfort herself rather than a happy contented purr.

This is the hardest thing I've ever had to think about, the reality can only be worse  :'(

Link to CatChat