Author Topic: Dangerous kitty not leaving sweet kitty alone!!  (Read 1728 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Dangerous kitty not leaving sweet kitty alone!!
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 08:36:16 AM »
'd love to take her inside and get her spayed. But it's difficult when I can't even get to her

When you next cuddle her shut her in a secure room.
There will soon be more than one cat on your boat!

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 23:06:49 PM »
Please look into getting a trap and getting her spayed that way, or she will be pregnant soon, that is why the black cat is always after her. What country do you live in, we might be able to point you in the right direction for a trap. If not, could you try and start feeding her near the house, and when the black cat isnt' round, pick her up and put her in the house? You could also try and get the black cat trapped and neutered too.
Please spay your cat

Offline Lottie

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 21:28:58 PM »
Heh heh, sorry to confuse you all.

She is sort of a stray- hm. Well, she was born a feral. But she is basically my kitty. I cuddle her and provide for her and protect her from evil black kitties- when I can. :(

There is no fear of her being someone's lost kitty: A feral had two kitties, and the kitties grew up, and one of the stray kitties had the discussed little grey kitty in my boat. Also she could not be a lost kitty on mymoggy.com, for I am not in the UK and I can't imagine an 8 month kitten born in my boat having crossed the ocean.  :)

'd love to take her inside and get her spayed. But it's difficult when I can't even get to her. I can usually see her in the mornings if I call, but the black cat is always after her- she runs away with him right behind, and I don't usually see her for all day. Before this cat started chasing her, she'd be just right outside my house all day. Now, I've no idea where she's running to, and how to get her away from him if I did.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 19:15:01 PM »
Just keeping an eye on this one - any thoughts on the replies, Lottie?...
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

saffron

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 19:07:32 PM »
I'm confused aswel, if this is a stray please contact Sue at  www.mymoggy.com  where someone has lost their little grey girl.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 14:53:15 PM »
Well i am totally confused  :rofl:

Lottie, can you explane is the grey cat yours?
Has she been spayed ?

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 11:35:52 AM »
Hmmm....I think the grey cat is a stray from what Lottie has written. (Hi Lottie, by the way! :)) Although if you do intend on keeping her, I would take her to the vets ASAP. To 1)establish her age and 2)if shes old enough, get her spayed.

It does sound like the black cat was trying to mate with her. They are usually pretty determind! Are you 100% sure they're both strays, as Ela asked?

And the dead cat (although extremely sad) could be a completely unrelated issue to the black tom. It isn't very often I hear of cats killing each other - they usually only fight at all as a last resort. (Generally, they exhibit certain posture and eye contact to get a message across.)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 11:36:27 AM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 08:01:34 AM »
[quote[You say she is a stray, but is she your cat or not  cos I am a n bit confused.[/quote]

Ditto.

I would suggest that if you do not want to keep the little one then you ask a rescue to put it on their list of cats waiting to come in and get her spayed in the meantime. To anyone who thinks they have found a stray I would say please do not assume it has no owner (or assume it has), please report it  immediately to rescues and any lost/found registers. It may simply be lost and could have been lost months previously. It is not unknown for cats to get into cars, removal vans, and so on, and be transported miles from their homes. Many so called lost cats  are taken in or being fed by well meaning people, but are never actually reported. Depending on the condition of the cat and the safety of the location a rescue can decide what course of action to take to ensure the cat receives all the help it needs.  E.G. if the cat is well please ring all lost and found registers, take the cat to a vet to see if has been micro chipped. If there is no record perhaps you could on a long thin piece of paper write do I belong to you and your telephone number then attach the paper to a cat collar by wrapping sellotape round and round then put the collar on the cat if after 3 days you have received no reply take the collar off as in Cats Protection opinion they are considered dangerous and many cats have lost their life to them. Please offer the cat shelter &  feed it, i know some organizations say don't and they it will move on, however in our view that is callous, i am sure if you lost a pet it would be nice to think someone, somewhere was caring for it. Also the cat has a greater chance of finding its owner  or going into rescue care as it is not roaming from street to street looking for its next meal and endangering its life.
I would also suggest that once a cat is established as a stray it is treated for fleas/worms and neutered/spayed.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 00:29:11 AM »
Is she spayed? Is the black cat neutered> Cos if not he is trying to mate with  her I reckon.

You say she is a stray, but is she your cat or not  cos I am a n bit confused.

:welcome: to Purrs by the way  ;D

Offline Lottie

• Kitten
Dangerous kitty not leaving sweet kitty alone!!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 22:53:58 PM »
I have a sweet little 8 month gray stray kitty, and she absolutely loves me and most everyone else whom she meets. But she was thought to be a guy kitty, until just the other day an unkown black stray started going after her. He would corner her and get all over her, with her always fighting to get away until I saved her. But today when I went outside I didn't see her, so I called her. She immediately came running, with the tom on her heels. She came quite close to me but then the tom got in front, just about a foot away from me, and hissed and growled- and seriously almost pounced and attacked me. My screaming and my friend's hissing got him to run- but he chased little gray away, too. So for hours we tried to find her, tried to get him away from her, tried to not be attacked by him, and then tried to find her when he was finally gone. The poor thing was terrified- she hid under rocks and would not come near with any cooing, comforting, baiting or whatnot. Anything coming near sent her off again. And under a nearby rock, we found an apparently freshly dead cat...I've know idea what's going on, but I want that stalker kitty gone and want my precious girl back. Any thoughts? :Crazy:

Link to CatChat