Author Topic: Banshee- some unusual habits  (Read 3046 times)

Offline Topsythecat

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Mikey
Re: Banshee- some unusual habits
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2007, 23:29:54 PM »
Banshee also licks the other cats necks and then attempts to bite them, a bit like a mating thing. He is very funny and absolutely loves to be stroked and cuddled!! :Crazy:

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 08:18:19 AM »
Sorry to be err graphic but is he, er, 'shooting'... forwards or backwards, if that makes sense? I feel like a right twit tiptoeing around the language but I ain't gonna be the first to jump!

:rofl: :rofl:  Loving this thread!  Esp watching you all tiptoe around saying what you really want to say  :rofl:

Sorry I've no advice.

Mosi loves plastic bags and I believe animal fats are used in their manufacture which is why lots of cats like them?

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 22:52:40 PM »
Sorry to be err graphic but is he, er, 'shooting'... forwards or backwards, if that makes sense? I feel like a right twit tiptoeing around the language but I ain't gonna be the first to jump!

Ollie sprays (backwards) once in a while (the charmer!) but is definitely fully neutered - one of my kits had a bit of an early season and did the full tart thing around him and he basically told her to  :censored: off and leave him alone.  :rofl:
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 21:45:12 PM »
No if he was properly castrated then both testicles, spermatic cord & vas deferans, epididymis  will all have been removed.

The only way a testicle may have been left by mistake is if it wasnt desended properly and therefore may be still inside his abdomen or iguinal canal (this is the channel where the testicle travels from the abdomen to the scrotum)

Now of course as far as i am aware cats will probably have a prostate gland ( :-[ you know i cant remember for sure nor much about that at all ashamedly..LOL) but if they do then prostate gland would produce semen as it does in humans (most of ejaculate is prostatic fluid) but of course with the absence of testicles there would be no sperm what so ever and nor should there be the drive or desire to carry out the behaviour you describe.

how long ago was this cat neutered ??  and just to check you are meaning he went to the vets for a day, had an anaesthetic and full castration carried out ??

Offline Topsythecat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 20:48:24 PM »
Im wondering if as he was neutered at six months, his 'bits' might not have fully grown and therefore a bit was left- causing the problem!! :Crazy:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 15:41:47 PM »
My goodness , I have 3 boys and never had this problem  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 14:15:50 PM »
My next door neightbour has a neutered male who is about 6 and she asked me if Zephyr (my male) "humps" and "shoots" on my jumpers?  ummm NO!! apparently hers does!  It might be worth asking the vet about it as his op may not have fully worked and if he is doing this he might be able to father kittens.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 13:49:44 PM »
One of my boys also has a plastic fetish! It's known as "pica" and unless I'm mistaken, it's kind of a cat version of an OCD! He's extremely amusing, because when I get in from shopping he practically trips me up in his attempts to get to the carrier bags! :evillaugh:

Bilbo does exactly that and I've never known another cat do it so it's good to hear there are more plastic fetish cats out there lol  :rofl: :rofl:
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 13:31:09 PM »
:innocent: yes christine, im trying to be polite...to protect his modesty. 'shooting' as in bodily fluids, he is neutered but hasn't changed a bit.
fiesty boy!!! :wow: :evillaugh: ;D

I have very little experience of male cats but I haven't heard anyone else ask this question so I'm bumping this up to 'ask a friend'! Is it usual for male kittens to do this after the op, anyone?

PS I was obviously having a naive moment yesterday  :shy:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 11:41:19 AM »
He has got some odd habits, one is licking pastic bags. The last thing is that he plays fetch the sock on command with me, just like a dog.

One of my boys also has a plastic fetish! It's known as "pica" and unless I'm mistaken, it's kind of a cat version of an OCD! He's extremely amusing, because when I get in from shopping he practically trips me up in his attempts to get to the carrier bags! :evillaugh:

And Parsley, who left us recently used to play fetch as a kitten, but not with socks. She used to chase crisp packets tied in a bow and return them to people.  :Luv:

Do you have other cats? Just wondering with regards to the "shooting!"

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

saffron

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 20:45:50 PM »
sounds like a real charmer to me, any piccies?

Offline Topsythecat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 20:12:17 PM »
 :innocent:
yes christine, im trying to be polite...to protect his modesty.
'shooting' as in bodily fluids, he is neutered but hasn't changed a bit.
fiesty boy!!! :wow: :evillaugh: ;D

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 16:54:45 PM »
Banshee sounds like a little character and I love his name - I'd have been predictable and called him Byron  :rofl:

The things you describe sound more or less normal to me except I don't understand the reference to 'shooting' - is that a substitute for a word you don't want to use?  ;)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 16:57:32 PM by Christine (Blip) »
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 16:53:46 PM »
Banshee sounds wonderful  ;D Is he neutered?

Offline Topsythecat

• Adult Cat
Banshee- some unusual habits
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 15:13:42 PM »
 :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy:
I have had Banshee since he was a kitten, he was bought from a vile pet shop in Liverpool. (He needed rescuing with that club foot)
He is now 10 months old, neutered and very affectionate.

He has got some odd habits, one is licking pastic bags. Another one is treading anything with my scent whilst biting it and purring- then basically 'shooting' on it. There is no way of putting this!!! The last thing is that he plays fetch the sock on command with me, just like a dog.

Seems like Banshee is one hell of a cat, any ideas???

Link to CatChat