Author Topic: Menue getting Spayed today!  (Read 2714 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Menue getting Spayed today!
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2007, 07:53:52 AM »
I am so pleased she is sorted now - not sure how a vet left an ovary behind, it was such a good job you took her, that would have caused lots of issues, bless her. Nice to hear she has bounced back fine from it - I think only one of the females I have had spayed was quiet afterwards, the rest all act like it hadn't happened!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 18:18:35 PM »
Well done Menue, it sounds like you are a happy cat now  ;D

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 17:08:23 PM »
Aw bless her.  I'm glad she's recovering well and has got rid of her remaining "lady bit"  :rofl:

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 15:56:14 PM »
4am - playing chase the tail on the arm of the settee

5am - still doing the above

6am - pulling up the living room carpet

:tired:

She's absolutely fine!

When she came back from the Vets yesterday, she went straight to the food bowls, they were empty at the time, so she started wailing until I gave her something. Then she ate TWO  :Crazy: sachets of food, but didn't eat the chicken I had lovingly cooked for her!

Humungous Thank you's go out to Teresa!!  :yesss:  :ahh:
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2007, 10:01:21 AM »
How is Menue today ?  :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007, 18:13:23 PM »
Poor |Menue no wonder she was having problems. I am sure she will be fine , if a bit groggy when she comes home  ;D

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2007, 16:38:22 PM »
Glad they found Menues odd lady bit   :)

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 15:38:21 PM »
Glad they found Menues odd lady bit   :)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 15:10:47 PM »
Just rang up the vet. She had one ovary just left floating about with no uterus or anything, so this has been removed! I am picking her up at around 5pm! Yay!!

Thats why she was displaying signs of being in season but she wouldnt have been able to get pregnant

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 13:31:59 PM »
poor girl!  mine recovered very quicklly but I don't think a bit of tlc would go amiss - at least you should get some peace now!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 13:19:02 PM »
I would put her somewhere cosy and warm as  think the anaesthetic will make her feel cold and a bit depressed. Some nice boiled fish or chicken (or both) for the 1st day unless she wants more. They get over it so quickly. She will be fine in no time.  :ahh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 13:16:39 PM »
Just rang up the vet. She had one ovary just left floating about with no uterus or anything, so this has been removed! I am picking her up at around 5pm! Yay!!

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 13:01:06 PM »
A collar like a lampshade?

Next time I think I will have to put her backwards into the box... Poor Kitty! I am already missing her and she has only been gone 2 and a bit hours!!

She has only just started to jump on my knee and go to sleep aswell!!  :innocent: Didnt think she would ever do it!!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 12:50:41 PM »
Good luck, Menue. You deserve a bit of a break from being poorly now, I think! (Big fuss to you. :))

Sarah, just make sure Menue has a nice quiet chill out spot. TBH, my cats were up and about pretty qiuckly after their neutering ops.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 11:54:18 AM »
Keeping everything crossed for Menue, I'm sure she'll be absolutely fine.  A little convalescence area in a quiet room will be ideal for her, keep us posted on how she is doing.

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 11:42:06 AM »
Hi all

:-: When it came to putting her in the carry box... well... What a performance! She wouldn't go in! Couldn't believe how strong she is! In the end I had to tip the cage up on its end and lower her in!

Just wondering what I should do for her when she gets back i.e should I make her a bed type thing in a quiet room?

Sarah x

Next time try putting her backwards into the box, (with back on the box against a wall or something)  it never fails as they have to bend their legs as you push them back.

She should be fine when she comes home, sometimes they can be alittle unsteady on their legs (depends what time the Op was done)
Make sure you have something Light for her dinner (stop from from being sick from the anisetic) EG: chicken or white fish.
You will prob find she will just want to be quiet and sleep tonight, she will find somewhere comfortable.

You will be given a collar for her to wear - mine have never worn them though, i just keep an eye and make sure they weren't pulling at the stitches.

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
Menue getting Spayed today!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 11:20:21 AM »
Hi all

Took Menue to the vets this morning to be spayed.

Has been a really hectic morning as she woke me up hissing at a cat through the window in the front door then started head butting the window  :-: When it came to putting her in the carry box... well... What a performance! She wouldn't go in! Couldn't believe how strong she is! In the end I had to tip the cage up on its end and lower her in! She didn't like that at all! She started to attack the box door and ended up tipping the cage on its side!

Next came the  :censored: taxi driver! "Can you put the box on the floor as I have had to get a new care before now as an old lady had a cat pee on her and it went through onto the seats!" So I had to put the box on the floor! When I rang up to order the taxi I specifically said I had a cat in a box!  >:(

I have to go and pick her up at around 3pm.

Just wondering what I should do for her when she gets back i.e should I make her a bed type thing in a quiet room?

Sarah x
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 11:33:04 AM by Queen_Penguin »

Link to CatChat