Author Topic: Purina survey  (Read 1276 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Purina survey
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 11:10:30 AM »
I wouldn't go as far as prosecuting, but in severe obesity (like Tom was) then I think it is a very mild form of cruelty, there are a lot of health risks, and there are also the effects like not being able to wash themselves properly, and not being able to play - plus, it can shorten their lifespan. So I think JAck's suggestion of going to classes is the best way to do it - but not sure who would do them, I know the rescue's vet have overweight cats, not sure about my vet, I only know she has a three legged cat.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 00:46:05 AM »
No I do not, its not always easy to keep a cat at a purrrrfect weight.......................its almost like saying the opposite about an underweight cat, loads of medical reasons for it.

The nanny state already cant afford itself, and more money is needed in NHS, not on daft things like this

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 23:07:07 PM »
Yep, I got that. Do you think they should? I put no, because personally I think the only form of "punishment" should be attending classes concerning the correct nutrients necessary for the pet in question.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Purina survey
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 23:02:56 PM »
Did anyone else get the email from Purina today?

The last question on the survey was "Do you think pet owners should be prosecuted if their pet is overweight?"

Opinions on a postc :Crazy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat