Author Topic: Pooing in the bath!  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Susieh

• Adult Cat
Re: Pooing in the bath!
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 16:54:52 PM »
If it becomes a habit then you can always take the nasty surprise approach and leave an inch of water in the bath overnight.

My first cat took to pooing in the bath in her old age (after I had left home) and so my mum ended up putting her litter tray in there (obviously only when bath/shower not being used) and that contained the problem until she got even older and her aim failed  :tired:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 15:08:29 PM »
I've had this problem with a few of mine  :censored: I get woken up in the morning by my youngest asking me to clean the bath out so he can have a shower  :sick: The only consolation is it's easy to clean out and the only ones I tend to have the problems with are the ferals and I've got one who was living as a stray and for some reason seems petrified of litter trays.  I've tried caging her and it took 3 days for her to go in the tray and even then she just perched on the edge.

ccmacey

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 15:05:20 PM »
My eldest cat has been doing this for years, and will not poo in the tray at all. Although he will wee in the tray :Crazy:. I just don't think he likes using it once its been used by one of the others.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 10:22:46 AM »
I would most certainly suggest 2 trays, as the recomendation is always 1 tray per cat plus i extra if possible. However, when a cats shows  inaproprate behaviour like this a vet check is the best option to rule out any medical problem. .
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline misswint

• Kitten
Pooing in the bath!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 08:32:58 AM »
Hello

Yesterday i caught my one year old cat Momo weeing in the plant in the hall! I just redirected him towards the litter tray.
This morning I went in to the bathroom to discover a nasty suprise sitting in the bath!

The last and only other time that he did this was when we got our kitten. I cant think of what has upset him this time? He does go outside for short time periods of a day so I thought it was something to do with another local cat. We did move some bedroom furniture around on Sunday and washed their beds?

My two get on reasonably well, although the little one occasionally wind him up wanting to play, and she seems to want to sit wherever he sits. They share a litter tray also but this has never been a problem before.

Just wondered if anyone could offer some advice

Thanks  xx

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat