Author Topic: frightened of going to the vet by proxy  (Read 1254 times)

Offline ringtree

• Kitten
Re: frightened of going to the vet by proxy
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 22:58:36 PM »
What gets me is that Phoebe was even more traumatised than Mushroom and she didn't even go to the vet!  By the way, Mushroom is fine, she didn't have a temperature even though she had diarrhea and was being sick.  Whatever the vet gave her it worked and she is fine now.  They both are, the little monkeys.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 20:40:16 PM »
Same trauma in our house, we usually have up to 5+ a month at the vet for normal boosters and program and this usually includes chasing ferals then trying to convince them to go in the crush cage!

We had the vet visit the house at the new year as they messed up our appointments and they thought it would be less traumatic for the cats after having 6 done it wasn't they couldn't understand why they were in the downstairs study and a couple were in the cages (only their cause Storm likes to sleep on the cat couch up high)

So after a traumatic home vist now everyone goes in their respective boxes, crushcage and we now have 3 more frozen ferals who don't need the crush cage

last vets visit cost us 8 slices of roast beef to get over the trauma caused by a visiting the vets and the mad stampede of the others not visiting! :Crazy:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 17:19:44 PM »
Love that name Mushroom  ;D. Afraid I have chorus of wailing cats when they go for their boosters and believe me 3 of them all whining and wailing for 2 hrs in the car plus any time we wait at vets is not fun!!

ccmacey

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 15:37:27 PM »
My Ted's the same he wails all the way there and all the way back, not a peep out of him while were in the vets though.

Offline ringtree

• Kitten
frightened of going to the vet by proxy
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 15:24:57 PM »
Last Friday, I had to take my little half Persian, Mushroom to the vet as she had diarrhea and she was vomiting.  I struggled to get her in the basket and she began to cry! Well, really she began to wail as that would be more appropriate and she was so loud.  Mushroom is normally a silent cat and will even purr quietly under her breath.  No, I am sure my neighbours could hear her upstairs.  It took ten to 15 minutes before the taxi came.  She cried all the way there - she was quiet for the vet - she cried all the way back.  I didn't really think about Phoebe, my other cat as I was preoccupied.  When we got home I found Phoebe hiding under my bed and there she stayed for two days!! She was traumatised.  Mushroom was fine.  Anyway I had to pander to her for the whole weekend and she is just beginning to forgive us - for what I don't know. 

Link to CatChat