Author Topic: NOW IM GONG TO CRY  (Read 3052 times)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: NOW IM GONG TO CRY
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2007, 18:48:38 PM »
You've done what I did, Sam - there's now a new thread called 'Thomas is home' with updates on the little fella.

:Luv:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2007, 18:42:27 PM »
How's Thomas today Smudge?  I'm sure he'll be a lot happier with his mum to look after him.

I know what you mean about "howling" at the vets.  My vet knows when Zephyr has arrived at the carpark next to the surgery ... he makes such a racket.  I remember when I took him in to be neutered ... the vets actually called me at work and asked if I wanted to come and pick him up earlier than I had said I wold be there because he was making such a row he was upsetting the other cats that were in  :rofl: 

As soon as I got to the surgery and he saw me he was as quiet as a mouse .... that's my boy.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 10:51:48 AM »
What news today, Smudge?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline suzi

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 15:43:01 PM »
Thats great news that he's coming home. It is such a nice feeling to have them home near you after they have been away overnight! Im sure he will be happy to be back home too!
Hoping him a speedy recovery  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 14:54:24 PM »
He's bound to be down in the dumps after the anaesthetic but I'm sure he would rather get better with his mum there - hope he gets over it quickly  :ahh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
UPDATE ON THOMAS
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 14:04:26 PM »
The vet has called to say his operation went well. I may be able to bring him home later tonight or tomorrow depending on his progress coming round  the treacherous roads clearing and of course hubby getting in early enough as I'm STOL not allowed to drive and I cant carry him he is too heavy (9.9kg)

I'm so looking forward to bringing him home but not looking forward to having to cage him, he will be so depressed. but I'm sure being home will outweigh the cage as I can sit with him for as long as he wants

Thankyou all for your kind wishes for my boy  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

xxxxxx

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 08:01:18 AM »
Aww, so sorry you are having such a bad time, fingers crossed that everything will go fine, and this will be the last of your bad luck.
Please spay your cat

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2007, 22:19:36 PM »
Its always hard to leave them at the surgery,but hes in the best place and I`m sure he will be fine. He will more than likely be curled up asleep and dreaming of his next adventure.
Sending positive healing vibes your way.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 21:59:53 PM »
I thought Thaomas must be a cat, I will keep all fingers crossed for tomorrow and its so sad when he misses you so much, he will just be scared if he has been just with you all that time. Its heartbreaking to have to leave them but he will need big fusses when he comes home and will be so happy

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 21:41:42 PM »
Oh hun, so sorry. What a cr**py time for you.

Thinking of you. Thomas has all our thoughts with him tonight.

:hug: :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 21:38:59 PM »
Smudge, come on hun, be strong for him, he's going to be OK.

:hug:

Keep us posted.

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 21:34:05 PM »
I am so sorry but I am sure he will be fine.......there is another thread ontoday with someone who has just had a similiar problem and the op wwas today and went very well.

I can imagine how you feel cos its all too much at once and its so sad that he was so unhappy when you left. Can you go and visit him tomorrow cos it helps and also to leave a worn shirt or something with them................this is a cat not a dog, isnt it? If its a dog I am told that visits make them worse. I am doubting its a cat cos you said he was howling.

Thanks Gill  :hug: no its Thomas my cat his miowwwwww got louder and louder as I was walking out of the surgery. He had been very very badly abused when I took him in 3 years ago and flinched everytime you moved an inch......he is my little boy we have never had a day apart since I took him on

xx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 21:29:00 PM »
I am so sorry but I am sure he will be fine.......there is another thread ontoday with someone who has just had a similiar problem and the op wwas today and went very well.

I can imagine how you feel cos its all too much at once and its so sad that he was so unhappy when you left. Can you go and visit him tomorrow cos it helps and also to leave a worn shirt or something with them................this is a cat not a dog, isnt it? If its a dog I am told that visits make them worse. I am doubting its a cat cos you said he was howling.

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 21:23:21 PM »
Thanyou all so much I turned into a wreck outside the vet as they have to operate first thing tomorrow.... :'( :'( :'( :'(

The cut is far worse than I could have imagined. It is the vet said a very clean laseration from glass and  has laserated his tendon and severed the nerve. I hadn't noticed his middle claw was sticking out as all I was concerned with was cleaning him up......

my poor poor poor Thomas as I left the room he was howling at me I'm so upset that I had to leave him. I couldn't look back to say goodbye  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

can I possibly have any tears left this past few weeks

xxxxx

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 20:46:30 PM »
Oh Smudge you are having a sh  :censored: y time of it aren't you.  Big  :hug: to you and all your furry clan.

Fingers crossed all goes well at the vets and Thomas will be OK.

Also  :hug: to your neighbour for being a saint and help out.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

saffron

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 20:27:46 PM »
sending you a big :hug: & hope all goes well at the vets

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 19:52:42 PM »
Why do things always seem to happen at once, Smudge?  It's true that they do though.   :hug: and strong thoughts from me to you.

How is Thomas?

PS I don't have a noose, but I do have a recommendation. A nice glass of NZ white or SA red, taken with cuddles from all your loved ones, will make you feel a whole lot better.

:hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 18:55:27 PM »
So sorry, hope the vet visit goes well and Thomas is not too badly hurt .

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 17:41:00 PM »
anyone got a noose they can lend me

That is just how I have felt this last couple of weeks.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
NOW IM GONG TO CRY
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 17:20:56 PM »
Since I was  last was on here an hour ago my neighbour has knocked to say Thomas was limping badly, dragging his leg and has brought him in  :( :( :( I had to get her to lift him to the worktop as I cant lift him because of my back  :'( and he weighs 20.5 lb)

It is a wound thats not very big but quite deep. I have cleaned it with hibiscrub and cut the fur away from the wound. I HAVE TO TAKE HIM TO THE VET AT 730 when my husband gets in to carry him  MY POOR POOR Thomas/Thomasina...

.I just cant believe this last month with Bella diagnosed with CRF...Gizmo's with his virus Duke with his claw removal, my back and now this :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( anyone got a noose they can lend me

x :(

Link to CatChat