Author Topic: Eric's feeling poorly sick ... sore teeth  (Read 2032 times)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: Eric's feeling poorly sick ... sore teeth
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2007, 20:46:37 PM »
Helen, for an agonising sore throat, gargle with TCP (check the label for dosage) - it works!

:Luv:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 20:35:39 PM »
No offence taken Christine!  I have to say that normally I would agree with you... I went to the Doctors recently with an agonisingly bad sore throat, I couldn't even talk - guess what he recommended? Vitamin C!! I was fuming, I wanted antibiotics, steroids and painkillers of the strongest variety!

I have been taught not to judge a remedy by it's cover since Tiggy has been poorly though.  She suffers terribly with excess stomach acid (caused by the CRF) which resulted in terrible nausea and most days would vomit up a clear foamy patch of what I call 'tummy juice'.  I did lots of research and came across a herbal remedy called Slippery Elm Bark, this is a powder which I sprinkle onto food, result - no more vomiting.  It also works wonders for constipation, diaorrhea, mouth ulcers but sadly not agonisingly bad sore throats!

Offline Charlotte T (thepawfessionals)

• Adult Cat
  • How squeezable am I?!!! Paddy as a baby
    • The Pawfessionals Purrfect Pet Care Services
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2007, 16:45:12 PM »
That's the sort of thing I'm really looking for Christine, but I can't find anything like it anywhere.  I'm quite up for the alternative remedies though and I know Eric's breeder swears by them.  With all the puppy teething products you can get you would've thought that they made something for cats somewhere ... I know there's a little difference between the two but still. :P
One can never have too many cats.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 16:37:15 PM »
Eric is a little better today.

That's really good to hear.

At risk of giving offence (please no-one, especially Helen, take it) I'm a dyed-in-the-wool cynic about alternative remedies, I'm afraid - does anyone know if there is a teething gel for cats like for human babies?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 16:24:46 PM »
Ooh, thanks Helen ... I browsed the VetUk site but couldn't find anything ... obviously not looking in the right place.  Eric is a little better today and sends furry headbutts.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 23:14:23 PM »
Just had a quick look on vetuk, they have this...  http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_184&products_id=814 the 'trauma' one says it can be used for teething, or maybe the gel version of this... http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=815

Hope little Eric gets over it soon, great name by the way  ;D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 23:03:56 PM »
Thanks guys.  I was looking at the petstages toys, I usually buy these at shows but don't seem to have any left around the house ... no doubt the dogs have nabbed them!  Does anybody know if there is a gel you can buy that I can apply to his gums or maybe a homeopathic or bach flower remedy that would help him?

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 22:54:12 PM »
Awwww I have never had this problem before ..bless the poor little man hope he is feeling a bit more himself soon enough !
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 22:43:13 PM »
Poor Eric  :( I'm sure I saw something like this in either Jollyes or Pets at Home recently, I remember feeling very broody!

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=165&pf_id=6631

"The Chilly Kitty Chews will soothe your new kitten's tender gums while providing a fun chew object. Simply put the brightly-coloured chews in your freezer and the outer shell will freeze to provide soothing relief for either a new kitten or an older cat with gum disease. Puss will love batting them about and carrying them from room to room. Each chew measures approx 12cms (4.75ins) in length. Supervise your pet's use of these toys and replace if they become worn or damaged."

« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 22:44:27 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

• Adult Cat
Eric's feeling poorly sick ... sore teeth
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 22:21:47 PM »
Eric my 5 month old Balinese baby is feeling really depressed at the mo ... he's teething really really badly and I don't know what I can do to help him out.  Consequently he's not eating very well, although I did cook up some cod this evening which he eventually managed to eat a bit of.  Does anybody know if there's any product out there specifically for kitty teething problems? :thanks:

Link to CatChat