Author Topic: constipated kylie  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: constipated kylie
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 09:27:34 AM »
I didn't think of that. Kylie  poos  would shock gillian mckeith (smell & size wise) so I guess ts just a case of getting to the tray straight after she is done. I will get some worlds best then no problem with flushing - the tray is right next to the loo anyway (Kylie often joins me in there!  ;D )
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 08:22:43 AM »
Sound advice Desley, as previously mentioned in previous posts I would have never picked up on Trudie's bowel cancer so soon had I no tray as she looked so well. As we all know cats are very good at hiding illness.
When one adopts from Cats Protection one has to sign that they will always keep in at night and they ask you to always provide a litter tray. So many infections and problems cat be nipped in the bud by simply providing a tray.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 08:12:36 AM »
please do not get rid of the inside tray altogether, regardless of whether they are going outside all the time - you never know when it will come in handy, and there are health issues that you will pick up a lot quicker, or only pick up on, if they have a tray inside.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 05:38:12 AM »
I caught her having a dump in the garden on saturday and again yesterday! - I think Gill hit the nail on the head as Clapton has been using her tray during the night. If they are going to go outside, I will get rid of the inside tray altogether as Kylie never had one in London. When I got her, I gave her a tray in the kitchen for a week, then moved it outside the back dor for another week, then got rid of it altogether.
I will monitor her evacuations  ;D - Thanks for the advice all  ;D

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 06:10:45 AM »
My cat suffers from constipation due to pancreatitis.  My vet advised adding a little weetabix to his food and also giving him Katalax.  If Kylie doesn't go soon though a visit to the vet might be in order.  Also my cat does not like to poo on the same tray he wees in so it may be worth checking that one out too.  Good luck and keep us posted.  Come on Kylie

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 00:06:50 AM »
sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....................sorry misunderstood the question.............well I interpretted it wrong  :-[

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 08:51:45 AM »
Will katalax help?

It may do but I would not leave it too long if it does not seem to be working before you take the little one to the vets, as you will know there are many reasons why a cat may not go to the loo.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 21:05:33 PM »
how many trays do you have? if its only one try two

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
constipated kylie
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 20:39:49 PM »
She always used to go outside but the ground here is really hard and stony (used to be part of the beach) so she has had a litter tray in the downstairs toilet for the last couple of months - she has been pooing in it every morning except for the last 3 days. Should I be worried? Will katalax help?

Link to CatChat