Author Topic: In pain or looking for a fuss?  (Read 9810 times)

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
Re: In pain or looking for a fuss?
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 22:12:59 PM »
She is an indoor cat and keeps sitting in my bedroom window which I never have open! Luckily she runs away from anyone who opens the front door thank God!

I am seriously upset as I was told that she had been spayed and atm I cannot afford to get it done!
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 19:05:58 PM »
Just to add another note of caution .... as she appears to be in season she will be DESPARATE to find a fella and as you know cats can be very very fast when they want to be .... be very careful when you open the doors to go in or out of the house .... if she see's the chance to escape she will be out in a flash.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 18:59:18 PM »

She is still sounding like a clucking chicken and her back end keeps rising off the ground...

100% she is in season !!!!!

DO NOT let her out at the moment and make sure all windows are kept shut (as it has been known for a male cat to climb in and do the deed)

When she is crouching down with her bottom in the air, rub/scratch her just when her tail meets her back - she will love it and then will calm down

I would also make an appointment for her to be spayed

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 14:22:17 PM »
Had the worst nights sleep ever lastnight! Menue had me up most of the night either meeowing loudly or scratting at the door which rattles and bangs when she does this!

She is still sounding like a clucking chicken and her back end keeps rising off the ground...

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 16:18:54 PM »
She wont be pregnant if she is calling, but you will need to get her booked in for spay when the calling stops. Also be extra careful with doors and windows in case she tries to find herself a tom.

Sorry I was being uber melodramatic as per usual! I think I am going to have to ring Derek and get the vet details. He forgot them when he came (kinda makes sense now...  :doh: ). Will definately make sure that the windows are shut as next door has a tom cat and I am not too sure if he has had his bits seen too!

Thanks for the advice. She has stopped sounding like a chicken now and is back to her usual self.. sleeping!

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 16:07:05 PM »
She wont be pregnant if she is calling, but you will need to get her booked in for spay when the calling stops. Also be extra careful with doors and windows in case she tries to find herself a tom.

ccmacey

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 16:06:01 PM »
How old is she ? and has she got any signs of hair been shaved on either of her sides?

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 15:54:55 PM »
Sounds like the very nice Derek has lied to you, did you get details of Menues vet from him? at least this way you can check the details. What you are describing is a cat calling for a mate.

:omg:  :really: Just my luck that she is already up the duff!!

She goes all funny when I touch the flat bit by her tail and puts her head right down as if she is presenting herself to me!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 16:02:57 PM by Queen_Penguin »

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 15:08:18 PM »
Sounds like the very nice Derek has lied to you, did you get details of Menues vet from him? at least this way you can check the details. What you are describing is a cat calling for a mate.

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 14:56:37 PM »
She keeps dragging her rear end on the floor... worms?

Even if a cat has been spayed, can they still get the same feelings? I don't know how it works!!

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 14:35:37 PM »
Our you 100% sure she has been spayed ??

It does sound like a "season" to me !!

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
In pain or looking for a fuss?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 14:00:06 PM »
Hi all

Just a quick question regarding Menue! She has started making a sort of half purring noise, sort of like a chicken clucking! or a baby with collic! She is also sitting funny i.e with her back end flat to the floor and her front end crouching... It doesnt look right. She is also becoming very vocal. I don't know if she is in pain or whether she is just crying out for attention, which I am giving her! This started the other night after she rolled over on her back and let me rub her belly! I was told she had been spayed so I doubt she is coming into season?!

Sarah xx

Link to CatChat