Author Topic: Freaked by estate agents!  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Freaked by estate agents!
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 18:22:15 PM »
Also once you have decided which agent then tell them about your cat being scared pof people. I dont know how it works where you are but my agent in London always came round with the people and was very considerate with Kocka.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 09:26:36 AM »
Could you set her up a hidey hole, in a room that doesnt take ages to view?
You could also try rescue remedy.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 07:26:24 AM »
My cat Dragan also freaks when strangers (or even friends) visit.  He hides away and hunches up and acts all miserable.  I have Feliway too and yesterday we had a leak which resulted in the kitchen floor being totally flooded.  Had to call an emergency plumber at 6am and joy of joys Dragan actually came to have a look at the plumber instead of shooting upstairs to hide.  He wouldn't go for a stroke but stood his ground and I was very proud of him.  However today the house will be in chaos as I have central heating engineers flushing out my system.  Have agreed an action plan with them that they will do front bedroom first and then Dragan and I will move up there for the day with litter tray, food, water etc.  I  have to say I am feeling anxious about it already. 

I have found it is best to ignore the behaviour and he comes round on his own.  The more I fuss the worse he gets.  Good luck with Lexy

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
Freaked by estate agents!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 17:48:41 PM »
For those of you who know Lexy's history, you won't be surprised to hear that madam is once again freaking at strangers being in the house...I think!

I had agents round the house this week and yesterday 3 one after the other from 10-1pm.  Result: Lexy's mostly off her food, hasn't had much to eat since yesterday, hasn't pooped since yesterday morning, very unlike her, and is very very clingy....VERY unlike her.  :-:

Am I worrying over nothing? I cranked up her feliway and sprayed feliway all over the house, but she keeps wanting to be right by my side wherever I am since the last one left. When the gutterman came end of last year, she was out of it for 2 days  :-:

And now that the house is on the market, more strangers will be expected in the house.  :-:

Link to CatChat