Author Topic: Small Cut on Head...  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Small Cut on Head...
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 23:09:50 PM »
I would just leave it if it has scabbed over but if it shows signs odf oozing or getting red and swollen, straight to vets.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 16:54:58 PM »
I wouldnt use the fuciderm yet, its a steroid and is really for inflamed and sore skin.
1 teaspoon of salt in 1 pint of cooled boiled water and see how it goes. If it swells or weeps then go to the vet. The scab will fall off on its own accord, so dont pick it!  :evillaugh:

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 11:32:33 AM »
As Ela has said we are not vets so i can only tell you what i would do.

I personally wouldnt take any of mine to the vets for a small scratch - I would bath it with warm salt water and see how it goes.

But what you have got to find out though is why she has this cut.
Has she done this herself through scratching ?
If yes, Has she been flead ? Are her ears dirty ?

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 09:08:57 AM »
To be honest we are not vets and if we say just watch it  and something goes wrong can you imagine how awful we would feel, If you have any worries you need to ring your vet and ask their opinion as to whether the little one needs to be seen.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline ClaireC

• Adult Cat
  • Honey (Monster!)
Small Cut on Head...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 08:04:39 AM »
Hi all

I have noticed a small patch/cut on my 8 month old kittens head.  It has a small amount of blood on it but feels ok and not swollen or infected.  She hasnt been outside yet (only when she made a bit for freedom the other day) so I know that it was done inside or she has done it herself by scratching (she did this will the patch on her neck that she had after being neutered).

Now I dont want to take her to the vets unnecessarily. Dont want to take up an appointment that might be needed by someone else. 

I have some Fuciderm gel that the vet gave me for her neck but not sure I should use this.

Anyone got any suggestions?  Or should I just keep an eye on it and take her to the vet if it gets any worse.

Thanks in advance

Claire

Link to CatChat