Author Topic: BELLA'S HEALTH AND INSURANCE  (Read 2232 times)

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
Re: BELLA'S HEALTH AND INSURANCE
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2007, 23:47:27 PM »
The pair of them sound so wonderrful and its great to see them doing what they really enjoy  ;D

But where are you LOL, I seen noooooooooooo sun today  :(

LOL The sun was shining beautifully about 11.30am I was late for an appointment watching them enjoying the sun even though it was chilly...Im in Kent and it stayed sunny until about 2.30 then it got  :censored: cold.

Thanks Gill,  :hug:  they are wonderful as are all our fur babes  ;D
XXXXXXXX

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 23:02:41 PM »
The pair of them sound so wonderrful and its great to see them doing what they really enjoy  ;D

But where are you LOL, I seen noooooooooooo sun today  :(

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 22:56:11 PM »
Thankyou all...

I know I should have checked the small print but I used to have the older type policy that only covered for 1 year of any incident. They telephoned and asked months back would I like to increase my monthly payments as they had a newer policy that would cover any incident for life.... £3 extra  per animal per month. I really would have thought they would have at least covered maybe 6 weeks of prescription food or something like up to £100.00

It does make me chuckle at times I only pay £23.00 per month per horse and yet dogs and cats cost nearly as much....bit of a size difference ha ha

Thanks for your kindness about Bella I'm so happy and amazed she is still with us, her and Milo were having a sunbathe this morning. I just looked out the window watching my beautiful geriatric babies......I hope all my other fur babes live as long as Bella and Milo

xxxxxx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 22:00:27 PM »
I am pleased to hear that Bella is stunning everyone, and long may that continue  ;D

sorry you cant get the food from insurance, I never have checked mine for that but I used to buy Kockas AD diet myself and that was nearly £30 a month on top of all the others that she use to lick jelly off  ;D

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 20:13:56 PM »
I know you were saying what you do Ela, but that is irrelevant if it is an insurance company who are quibbling at a price.
Susanne - Sainsbury's pay £100 for prescription food - I know when Snowy was on k/d, it was 95p a tin, but that was over 2 years ago, I dont know how much it has gone up (but a/d hasn't gone up that much in that time span), so you would get a slight amount out of them before having to pay, and I am sure that Hels has had payouts for prescription food for one of hers. I have been paid for a/d through them, but that was part of a claim, I didn't think I would be able to get that part back, but they didn't complain.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 12:57:29 PM »
I dont konw why you pay p & p on food but not meds though

Perhaps  it is because usually food weighs far more than the meds and therefore the postage is too high for the supplier.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 12:55:33 PM »
Ela - very confused by your post, this is an insurance company who have said this, not a rescue.

I know that, I was just saying what we do in these cases. I did write when we home cats etc.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 10:41:06 AM »
I don't think any insurance companies pay for renal food do they?  At least not long term.  I think there's something in my policy (petplan) about them not paying for special diets unless they're to dissolve crystals or something.  I don't think they'd pay indefinitely for a prescription food.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 09:40:38 AM »
That is very naughty of them, and I would certainly complain. It just shows that it is so important to check just what your insurance company will pay. The prob with getting prescription food online is that the p & p normally makes it a similar amount to what you woudl pay for your vet. I dont konw why you pay p & p on food but not meds though.
Ela - very confused by your post, this is an insurance company who have said this, not a rescue.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 09:05:51 AM »
as the girl was quite rude when I said I think its disgusting she replied "we would end up paying more for food a month than you pay in insurance"

Although I agree with the reasons for not paying for special diets, there is absolutely no need to be so blunt I am sure a few kind words would have made the information far easer to digest.

When we home cats that are on a special diet we offer to pay over and above the amount that they would be expected to pay for good quality cat food. We also pay for any necessary bloods and problems during the cats life for that condition

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
BELLA'S HEALTH AND INSURANCE
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 00:16:30 AM »
Just to let you all know my little princess is still doing well.......I'm so happy. She has had the odd bout of going into the airing cupboard but comes out soon after (thats her little tell tale sign when she goes in there) maybe she just might prove them all wrong and make her 26th Birthday yet lol. She isn't on any medication either as I tried the tablets on another day and the same thing happened....she was asleep for 24 hours

I asked a little while back if anyone knew if insurance companies pay for renal food.........I found out today that Tesco's DO NOT pay for this or any kind of special food. I'm really cross as I pay them £125.00 a month insurance for the dogs and cats. I am going to make a complaint as the girl was quite rude when I said I think its disgusting she replied "we would end up paying more for food a month than you pay in insurance"

The renal S/O is 60p per sachet from my vet so I now owe them £50.00 for the amount Bella has had.I wouldn't care if it was a million pound its the principle thats annoyed me.
Can anyone tell me of a website that does this in bulk and cheaper than my vets please

Thanks

xx

Link to CatChat