Author Topic: Molly has a vet visit today  (Read 2060 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Molly has a vet visit today
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 21:49:08 PM »
Well, the vet left a message earlier saying that Molly's tests have come back fine, which is excellent news, I am so pleased she got the all clear. Just got Tigers to do on Thurs now, that wont be fun - Molly will hiss and spit, but never intentionally vicious, Tiger is the complete opposite!
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 16:44:23 PM »
I think its up to each cat owner what they do, and certainly being  a 10 min walk from vets is very useful  ;D

I have never been that close and even in London had to go on the train and also had about 30 mins walk as well.

Now its just torture in the car for an hour cos 3 cats all whinning and shouting is very testing on the nerves when trying to avoid speed cameras and other daft drivers  :rofl:

I bet the vet would like to see em one at a time too but afraid she gonna have to suffer in late summer, then to be followed by Sasa on her own........................Sasa hasnt got over last years visit yet and I am still being punished grrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 08:05:41 AM »
Gill - cats can lose 75% of both liver and kidney function before you would notice any symptoms, which is why all my oldies are blood tested yearly, I want to be able to pick up on things early enough to be able to have a decent length of time with them. I disagree completely that it is extra stress they dont need, I strongly believe in twice yearly checkups and yearly blood tests for oldies, it is important to be on top of things to give them as long a life as possible. I do have the advantage of being able to walk to my vets in just under 10 mins (although at this time of year we do use the car!!)
Susanne - Molly is 14 now, and the reason she came to me was cos she was barely eating and just sleeping all the time, so we didn't think she had long left. She has been here nearly 14 months now and still appears healthy, but I do actually worry about her health more than Tiger (although she is 13, hers are being done in a fortnight)
Please spay your cat

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 19:58:56 PM »
Poor Molly having to go back.  Fingers crossed she's more co-operative then.

I agree with getting them tested even when they appear healthy, esp if they are older (I forget how old Molly is?).  You can pick up things early on that way and prevention is usually better than cure.  If I hadn't asked for Jaffa to have a senior blood panel done last year I wouldn't have picked up that his urea and creatinine were fairly high.  I'm determined not to find myself in the position of discovering he has CRF only when it's so far advanced that he's showing symptoms.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 19:32:44 PM »
Have to say I agree with your vet and unless there is special need would not have mine tested. I think its additional stress that the cats dont need, cos stress in its self can cause other problems.

I dont actually like taking them for annual boosters cos an hour each way in the car is something they dont need butas they are all vacinated uptodate, I guess I will continue. I dont think cats need vacinating every year is what I mean. ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 18:57:36 PM »
Molly was so unco-operative that she has to go back next week, and have a local anaesthetic gel!! I dont remember her having one last year, and she was fine last year!! Vet did think I was slightly odd wanting blood tests done on an apparently healthy cat though!! There is a chippy next to my vet, so I bought her a sausage, and no one likes it!! She doesn't like any conventional treats either, so will just have to give her a bit more dry food, it is the only thing she seems to view as treats!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 18:11:16 PM »
Good  luck Molly   :luck:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 17:55:28 PM »
Keeping fingers crossed for Molly  ;D

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 13:52:44 PM »
It is Molly's annual blood tests today, please keep your fingers crossed she is still healthy,

Will do!
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Em

• Distinguished Cat
  • Mollie dog, Charley, Sammy and Seth
    • my blog
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 12:28:09 PM »
Crossing fingers everything's clear!! :hug:

Funny, our Mollie went to the vets today too...  :)
Ah, summer - the season for a daily mouse...

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 11:25:49 AM »
Fingers crossed for Mollly!  I'm sure you'll be able to think of a suitable way of making it up to her  ;D

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 10:52:00 AM »
Morning Desley,

Fingers crossed for Molly today -

Give her a kiss from me

michelle xx

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Molly has a vet visit today
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 08:03:32 AM »
It is Molly's annual blood tests today, please keep your fingers crossed she is still healthy, I would like a short period with healthy cats!! I prob wont get the results until Mon though, as I have them done through the lab (my vets cant check thyroid in house, and I think they said this was the cheapest way to get everythign tested). She is also getting weighed tonight - she wont like me very much though!!
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat