Author Topic: New Kitty - Toileting!  (Read 3043 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: New Kitty - Toileting!
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2007, 23:29:29 PM »
Yes she will  :rofl:

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2007, 14:00:38 PM »
Is it? If she smells it again will she keep peeing? Never thought of that! Am off up town tomorrow so will def get a new litter box!
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2007, 23:23:05 PM »
Definately a second tray.

Its not her you have to deal with its the place where she has gone.

Use biological washing powder to clean area and then surgical spririt. Or easier ger some Simple Solution from PAH and use as directed on bottle. Its very important you get all smell out.

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2007, 20:38:06 PM »
I can't understand Menue! She is using her litter tray, but is also weeing around the flat i.e. in places where she has previously pooped!

Could it be that she has an underlying problem? Or that I should just get a second litter box and place it in the hallway as already suggested? Also, what is the best way to deal with her after she has peed?

Sarah x

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2007, 13:46:03 PM »
What's the latest news on Menue, Sarah?

PS I have two unrelated questions:

1) How do you pronounce her name?  :-:

2) Call it intuition, or simply marvel at my awesome powers of deduction, but do you have a measure of affection for flightless aquatic birds from the southern hemisphere?  :evillaugh:

She peed and pooed in the living room lastnight! Once when I was stroking her, she just squatted and started peeing! Then when I went to bed, I left her asleep on the settee, I got up about 30mins later to take some painkillers for my ankle, she had pooed where she had peed. So i grabbed kitty and the poo and put them both in the litter tray and then put a blanket in the kitchen for her and closed the door!

When I got up this morning, she hadnt done anything else in the litter tray, but between then and now she had peed in the tray!

You pronounce her name like Meeeeee Knew! And yes, penguins are o.k. I guess!!  :rofl:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 19:56:57 PM »
What's the latest news on Menue, Sarah?

PS I have two unrelated questions:

1) How do you pronounce her name?  :-:

2) Call it intuition, or simply marvel at my awesome powers of deduction, but do you have a measure of affection for flightless aquatic birds from the southern hemisphere?  :evillaugh:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 18:50:23 PM »
Q.P.
If Menue isnt using the tray by now you have a problem and will find she is doing it elsewhere, any poo must be put in litter tray along with Menue, as for wee its a hands and knees jobbie with kitchen roll looking for damp bits,sadly wee doesnt smell until the problem is there.
If she hasnt done a wee a trip to the vet is needed

Hi

Menue did use the tray on the first couple of days that she was with us, now, for the second time, I have found that she has done a poo by the front door (the same place that she did it the other day!). I thought that she had done this as she got locked in the hallway?! But now that she has done it again, I don't know?!

Sarah xx

The fact that she has done it in the same place twice Could you put a tray where she is doing it ?
I know its not nice having a tray by the front door but it might be the only way of solving the problem

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 18:48:17 PM »
Is it possible to put an extra tray in the hallway? Do remember to put any poo in the litter tray along with kitty

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 13:01:41 PM »
Q.P.
If Menue isnt using the tray by now you have a problem and will find she is doing it elsewhere, any poo must be put in litter tray along with Menue, as for wee its a hands and knees jobbie with kitchen roll looking for damp bits,sadly wee doesnt smell until the problem is there.

Hi

Menue did use the tray on the first couple of days that she was with us, now, for the second time, I have found that she has done a poo by the front door (the same place that she did it the other day!). I thought that she had done this as she got locked in the hallway?! But now that she has done it again, I don't know?!

Sarah xx

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 08:52:27 AM »
Q.P.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 22:57:34 PM »
Misa used to hide under recliner and Franta used to scratch up carpet behind door when it was closed. Be careful about the latter cos Teresa was the one who helped me to get back in the room when I couldnt open the door  :rofl:

In the end I had to put a large piece of hard board under door to stop him being able to do this cos he was desperate to get to the bedroom but going through introductions with my other two.

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 22:10:31 PM »
Well, she is spending more time out of the settee now (settee has storage space beneath it and she's got in there!). She did dig up the carpet lastnight by the door but I think that she isnt used to having doors shut. I don't mond it though as she is a lovely kitty and likes to walk on her back legs whilst having her neck scratched!

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 21:56:34 PM »
I though you had said 'puddles' rather than puddies oops!!

Hmmm, well I expect Teresa knows a thing or two about puddles too! I hope Menue relaxes in a few hours...
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 21:44:54 PM »
Hi

Thanks for replying! I misread it and though you had said 'puddles' rather than puddies oops!!

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 21:32:29 PM »
I'm sure Menue is stressed right now (bless her), Sarah, but I know she came to you via Teresa - there is no wiser person when it comes to puddies. She will probably come on here to advise you.

PS I claim no expertise, but I think this sort of thing is common in these circumstances...

Check with your vet if this doesn't resolve itself asap.

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
New Kitty - Toileting!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 20:29:33 PM »
Hi all

I have had Menue since Friday night and she hasn't been to the toilet since Monday morning, when she pooped on my rug. She hasn't even been for a wee wee, which is a little bit disconcerting. I have checked around my flat and she hasn't done it anywhere else other than the litter box.

Is this normal if she is stressed? I'm really worried about her! Am I just being over an cautious new owner?

Sarah xxx

Link to CatChat