Author Topic: Progress Finally!!! Lexy is a cuddler!  (Read 1873 times)

Offline Iluvcritters

• Adult Cat
Re: Progress Finally!!! Lexy is a cuddler!
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 05:11:24 AM »
Yay! for progress! My Pandi girl is the same way on the 31 she will have been here in her furever home for a year. It wasn't until June that she let me touch her and then only her butt, if I went anywhere near her face or head she was gone. Then around September she laid on the sofa with me not close just on the same sofa. And in December she curled up next to me and watched a 2 hour movie with me. The best present I could ask for. Now I can pet her anywhere, she lays on me and next to me, but I still can not pick her up and she won't sleep with me and the rest of the gang. Patience and time and I know it will happen. It just is very hard accepting it on her terms, yet I don't have a choice. So hugs to all of us who learn patience from our feline friends.

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 07:29:52 AM »
Aww, I am glad she is making some progress, good on you for persevering with her.
Please spay your cat

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 23:49:46 PM »
I guess if you don't move it then she will eventually get used to it? That's what I do with Lexy, she grumps a bit but then tolerates the new intruder...could be anything, groceries, shoes, a box anything, gets right annoyed, but furniture etc she takes a bit longer to take to it...she still avoids the magazine rack for some reason.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 23:44:24 PM »
Sasa has been here about 18months now and still cant stroke her, I keep hopeing that if she gets ignored she will want to be part of what everyone else is doing but noooooooo she actually prefers it and will leave a room if I come in. She used to like to be in here on the sofa with me and Misa in the same room but now she just leaves.

She hates change and after Christmas moved something in near her sofa and she hates it grrrrrrrrrrrr

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 23:32:59 PM »
Aw bless Gill. Sasa will get there. My mum's cat Boo only now, after 3 years decided Mum was trustworthy and sleeps with her. Took her nearly 2 years to let Mum cuddle her. I don't know how you do it though, the patience to wait that long.  It feels like an age the last 10 months with her so I can't imagine longer than that to get a cuddle. 

Lexy to Sasa: oi there matey....now what's this I ere bout you not cuddling yet? Its worth it, it really is! You get fussed and spoken to like you is a baby (sigh) but if you don't say nothing then they don't stop...honest!   :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 23:26:39 PM »
That is wonderful, so pleased for you and Lexy..............................heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy sasa are you listening !!!!!!!!!! ;D

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 23:10:12 PM »
Indeed it is....i've missed these cuddles so much!  I do love my little girl, and I'm so grateful, she's come leaps and bounds but I know others who take a lot longer to trust like this.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 22:47:35 PM »
That's fantastic, there's nothing better than snuggling up in bed with a furry friend next to you.   :Luv:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Progress Finally!!! Lexy is a cuddler!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 22:18:20 PM »
Well, for those of you who remember from CC, I started a thread to ask about how long it would take Lexy to start to relax a little and to not be so afraid any more...

Over the months Lexy has improved, she's become more lovable though is still wary of feet and large items that move (like when I carry her bed to another room!  :rofl: )

But apart from laying on me when I lie flat on the sofa, she's never really wanted to sleep near me. She sleeps in her bed at night and now that I got her that 2 in 1 radiator bed from PAH, she never leaves it!

But last night we had some wonderful progress....it didn't last long though, only about 30 minutes because she got hot!

Last night I was in bed, with the laptop watching a DVD, and madam jumped on the bed as she usually does to investigate and see if there are any critters under the covers that her mum doesn't know about.

And walked right up to me and curled up on under my arm....and watched the DVD with me !!!!   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I am so chuffed, I have to tell you.  This is indeed the next step in her progress...its only taken 10 months to get to that bit!

Link to CatChat