Author Topic: Storm still has hair loss from belly and legs  (Read 1378 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Storm still has hair loss from belly and legs
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 17:12:30 PM »
Does storm get on with your other cats? Its normally stress that causes overgrooming.
Have you tried feliway plug in's?
Is he neutered?
How old is he? If hes maturing into an adult he may be struggling to find his place in the heiracy.
If hes desperate to get outdoors, maybe you could look into a cat run or securing your garden (if you have one) so he can go out.

If hes overgrooming from boredom, you could try making your home more cat friendly with scratching posts of different heights,shelves, fish tank to watch and hidey holes etc

Offline Smudgey

• Distinguished Cat
  • This is my bridge furbabe Smudge
  • Slave to: Abby Zak and Smudge
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 11:46:30 AM »
Hi Roxford Our abby has done this till she was sore we had some stuff from the vet called no lick she has done it twice now but not again lately once on her tummy then at top of her front leg almost in her arm pit
The vet thought she may be stressed as we had a rescue cat  the 1st time and they did not get on
 not too sure what caused the second one though

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 22:20:51 PM »
As this appears to be a "behaviour" problem it might be worth dropping Wizz an email and asking for her advice : http://wizz-catz.co.uk/contactus.html

If anyone can help I'm sure she can.  Good luck and big hugs to Storm  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline roxford

• Kitten
Storm still has hair loss from belly and legs
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 22:06:03 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I was on looking for advice a while back as one of my young male cats had bald patches on his tummy and on the backs of his legs. You all advised I should take him to the vets in whcih I did. The vet explained that this could be a number of things but mainly may be due to the fact that Storm is a house cat and is over cleaning himself. After being at the vets Storm received anti biotics just in case he had an infection orf some sort. This was about a month ago and the problem is no better but no worse.

Does anyone here have experience of their own cats over cleaning? If so I would appreciate the advice!

:innocent: Ross

Link to CatChat