Author Topic: Naughty Morning Antics  (Read 1921 times)

Offline sonya

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ozzy Daisy and Ebony
Re: Naughty Morning Antics
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 21:18:58 PM »
Hi NWF , welcome to purrs  :welcome:   Lottie (Team Svartalfhiems) has NFCs to , you might want to post and see if she can give you any advice  :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 21:19:52 PM by sonya »
Cats are like vodkas-you cant just have one

Offline Em

• Distinguished Cat
  • Mollie dog, Charley, Sammy and Seth
    • my blog
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 20:39:18 PM »
NWF - how are you getting on?
Ah, summer - the season for a daily mouse...

Offline isabel

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 23:56:43 PM »
Good luck with the little rascal! Jess used to do the morning attack too. It was quite useful as it helped me get up for uni! Eventually though, i just started sleeping through it and now she doesnt bother. She just comes over for cuddles when she sees me stirring at a reasonable hour!

Sounds like you've been given sound advice! Best of luck
Give blood! They'll give you biscuits...

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 15:49:46 PM »
I can sympathise with you, Tiggy is still relentless in her morning attacks.  She doesn't go for the feet but is constantly pawing at my face and manages to hook my nostrils with her claws and pull me towards her!  I have tried hiding under the duvet but I find it gets very difficult to breathe after a while and when I resurface the attack continues.  Haven't got any kids yet but at least I will be prepared for the broken sleep!

Good luck with Fergus!

Offline NWF

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 15:37:37 PM »
That sounds like excellent advise - i am pleased to hear that others have experienced this nightmare! I will get a blanket sorted tonight!

Many thanks

Offline Em

• Distinguished Cat
  • Mollie dog, Charley, Sammy and Seth
    • my blog
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 15:31:47 PM »
To begin with - put a big blanket or throw over the bed and tuck it in at the bottom and as far up as you can handle so he can't get under the duvet - at least then you know your feet are safe.

Ignoring him is the best thing, it worked with my lot - lie on your stomach so he can't get to anything useful and pull the duvet right up so he can't get to your face - make sure you're both well and truly wrapped up.  Basically, you need to pretend to be really soundly asleep, any reaction turns it into a game. if he goes for your hair, pretend to yawn or stretch and then duck under the pillow and batten down the hatches. Hopefully he'll soon get bored - took us about a week - Sammy (my peskiest critter when he was a young thing) eventually learned that if he sat on us and purred he got fuss, but the more he poked us the more we vanished under the duvet. Of course, sitting on us and purring backfired as he would eventually fall asleep... :rofl: :rofl:

:welcome: and  :luck:
Ah, summer - the season for a daily mouse...

Offline NWF

• Kitten
Naughty Morning Antics
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 14:48:20 PM »
Hi all,

I am new to this so please forgive me if I am not up to speed with acronyms etc. I was looking for advise, I am having problems with my naughty Norwegian Forest Cat Fergus, who is a 2 ½ year old male – castrated.

For the past 3 months Fergus has taken to getting up at 5am every day and running / jumping over and around the bed (the master bed) and doing this repeatedly until someone gets up. Not only does he aim to land on your stomach, chest, face and my partner’s crown jewels! But he then proceeds to reach under the bed and attack your feet / hands and any flesh he can get hold of. We shut him out and then he scratches at the door – we have ignored this until we get up at 7.30am. He often breaks in – (Victorian doors with no locks!)  and starts the whole process over again, he wont give up!.

He is a spoilt boy – so I would rather not shut him out all night if any of you have any other suggestions…

Please help – I need my sleep back!

Link to CatChat