Author Topic: SORRY  (Read 7489 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: SORRY
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2016, 10:34:34 AM »
Thanks, I keep having a sneaky look on RSPCA site but they are really old and not in good nick at the moment.  It's good that they are in Foster Homes though and not in a pen in the centre.  Although being in one of their pens in nice cos they get fussed all the time by volunteers and staff.

Dawn, a nest, I'm not getting any birds  :naughty: :rofl:

They've not phoned me for my home visit yet but I'm not going to chase them at the moment as I'm busy with my early Spring clean that will probably take me until Christmas to finish.

Jo that's good that you might be getting oldies. :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2016, 18:07:59 PM »
I am planning on taking on oldies once I am part time or retired.  It must be heartbreaking but wonderful at the same time to know that you were able to offer warmth, love & comfort to elderly kitties who are at the end of their days.

I am sure Bonnie will send more your way soon Mary  :Luv:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2016, 13:57:48 PM »
its such a shame you have an empty nest Mary, any cat would be so lucky to have you as a mum

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2016, 13:54:56 PM »
Thank you Jo, I keep wondering if it was Bonnie who sent them to me to end their lives in luxury :hug: :Luv2:

Everything happens for a reason, so God knows what is for me next ;)

Mary

Well I think we're all hoping that next, you get a healthy and happy little oldie under the EARS scheme, and that you have years of comfy snuggly days and nights ahead.    :) :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2016, 11:47:00 AM »
Thank you Jo, I keep wondering if it was Bonnie who sent them to me to end their lives in luxury :hug: :Luv2:

Everything happens for a reason, so God knows what is for me next ;)

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2016, 22:33:13 PM »
Heck, I haven't been on here for a while.. Mary, I am so sorry to hear about Kitty.

What a lousy time you have had.

As everybody else has said, you gave her a loving home in her old age and a peaceful painless end to her life, she couldn't have asked for more.

Bless you. Take care.

Jo

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2016, 05:08:44 AM »
 :hug:  :hug:   I do hope you will soon be having a new cat coming  to settle in with you, Mary .  :hug:   The house feels empty if you don't have a furry friend stretched out giving their list of daily requirements.  My Billy is a proper boss cat.  :hug:   

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2016, 18:02:15 PM »
Mary, I do feel your pain, I think most of us have had to let a beloved furbabe go over the years, it never gets any easier, but you did all you could for Kitty and her Sister. Please just believe you did everything you could for them both and they knew they were properly loved at the end. :care: :care: :care:

There will be another cat to fill your heart again. Can't remember who said, and may be paraphrasing, but you don't love the ones you have lost any less, your heart just expands. (Sure it was put far more elegantly than that),

You take care, Sweet, and if you need anything just call or pm me. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Paula xxx
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2016, 00:39:18 AM »
That's really nice of you Julz  :hug:

Hopefully it won't be too long until I have another cat in my life.  Hugs to the wonderful Winnie.

Mary

Offline Julz (Winnie's Meowmy)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Winnie
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2016, 17:27:45 PM »
Oh Mary!!

I'm really sorry to have read this and I apologise for not reading this sooner. Kitty was a lovely cat and knew that she was loved by you and all of us here at Purrs. Winnie thought of her very highly and sends you loads of head butts, kisses and purrs.

:candle:

I know Winnie sent a candle, but here is mine to you and Kitty.

Play hard at the Rainbow Bridge Kitty. You are loved by all on here...and your Mummy is a wonderful, special woman who I like very much.

Julz xx
Mweekie xx

Slave to Winnie (Cat), Minx (Russian Dwarf Hamster), Inca and Aztec (Corn Snakes), Truffle and Chaos II (Tarantulas), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Birch and Oak (Giant African Land Snails).

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2016, 15:52:07 PM »
Kitty looks so comfortable and relaxed lying on you Mary. I am sure that, somehow, she understood that she was loved.

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2016, 13:02:06 PM »
 :hug:  :hug:  :hug: I am so sorry to hear about Kitty, but it did sound like it was her time to go.....

Those photos  :Luv: she obviously did know deep down that you were looking after her  :hug:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2016, 00:00:27 AM »
RIP Kitty

God bless you, Mary xx

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2016, 13:14:10 PM »
Thanks everyone, you are brilliant  :hug:

You can rely on us Stuart ;)

I've just got to keep on remembering that everything happens for a reason.  Everyone I have lost last year and Kitty this year, they all had to go, to stop their pain. 

We all know it's very hard and we know it does get easier and if it wasn't for us putting ourselves through this pain, there would be hundreds of less loved cats on this Earth and at The Bridge.

God Bless Us All  :hug: :hug:

Mary

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2016, 19:43:40 PM »
Thirded
jeez, I wish I hadn't popped in now  :'( :'( :'(
So Sorry Mary, play hard at the bridge Kitty xx
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2016, 19:14:43 PM »
Oh Mary, what a dreadful time you've had. You're such a kind, thoughtful, caring woman, and my heart goes out to you over the trials you've suffered lately.  :hug: :hug:

I hope things turn around for you very soon, until then do stay in touch, you're very special to us. :care:

Seconded!  :Flowers:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2016, 17:19:25 PM »
Oh Mary, what a dreadful time you've had. You're such a kind, thoughtful, caring woman, and my heart goes out to you over the trials you've suffered lately.  :hug: :hug:

I hope things turn around for you very soon, until then do stay in touch, you're very special to us. :care:

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2016, 20:34:49 PM »
You're a wonderful lady Mary  :hug: :hug: :hug:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2016, 14:43:59 PM »
 :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  all the best, Mary

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2016, 14:30:16 PM »
 :thanks: everyone

Rosella you did find what to say to me  :hug:

My friend Andy buried her in my garden this morning next to Tisha and along side of Bonnie and Smudge.  Both happy and healthy at the Bridge now  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Mary

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2016, 08:41:50 AM »
I saw this yesterday Mary but didn't know what to say and still don't.  I'm so very sorry for your loss but grateful on Kitty's behalf that she was so loved by someone who knew when to perform that last act of kindness.

It's very sad that your time together was so short but it was such real quality time.  In tears as I type Mary; naturally.  My heart goes out to you but I'm so glad to know someone who was prepared to take on the challenge of caring for 2 beautiful oldies.  Bless you Mrs.  You're one in a million  :cuddle: 

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2016, 08:21:42 AM »
Oh Mary, I am so so sorry  :( :(

You are in my thoughts. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2016, 22:21:15 PM »
The last pic Mary....  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: ...look how peaceful she is. She was ready xx
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2016, 21:23:24 PM »
Gorgeous girl  :hug: :hug: :hug:

If you want this thread moved to Rainbow Bridge  let me know Mary.
[/color]

No that's ok Gill as I've been thinking about doing a thread on Bridge for Tisha so I'll do a joint one for them now.

:thanks: :hug:

Mary

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2016, 21:17:53 PM »
Oh bless her. She lost loads of weight. Lilli was the same. X
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2016, 21:06:26 PM »
Gorgeous girl  :hug: :hug: :hug:

If you want this thread moved to Rainbow Bridge  let me know Mary.

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2016, 19:52:43 PM »
The hardest thing is the kindest thing. She knew real love in her last few months.  :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2016, 19:28:27 PM »
Thanks everyone, I'm so glad she got close to me in the last few months and these last few days when she couldn't walk I know I had to let her go.

Here are some pics I took of her laid on me and one where I even had her dish of food on my chest for her  :hug:

Mary

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2016, 13:59:02 PM »
So sorry Mary  :hug:

Offline cascats

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Tiffy Toffie (aka Tiffany), Lexicle (aka Lexi)
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2016, 10:21:53 AM »
My heart goes out to you, thinking of you and sending hugs.

Others have said it far better than I could but remember Kitty was lucky to be so loved in her last months and will take that with her to the bridge.
Please take care,
Carol x

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2016, 07:08:39 AM »
It has been a very difficult year for you,  Mary.    :hug:   Give yourself a good long break now and rest as much as possible.   :hug: :hug:   Best wishes.

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2016, 01:55:02 AM »
I'm so sorry Mary.  :hug:  I can only agree with all that's been said.  Thinking of you and hoping this really is the end of terrible year and things start to look up soon.

Fly free Kitty and send your meowmy a rainbow.

Offline Reets

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Bruno
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2016, 23:27:49 PM »
Dear Mary, I am so sorry to hear this very sad news.  It is really heartbreaking.  I can only echo what the others have said.  You gave Kitty a wonderful, loving home when she needed it most, and cared for her and looked after her in a way that no one else had.  She knewt the love you gave her and responded to it. 

Thank you for all that you did for Kitty, and for your braveness in letting her go when she needed to. 

Rest peacefully little Kitty, you and your Meowmy are in my thoughts and prayers xx

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2016, 23:11:25 PM »
I'm so very very sorry Mary. It is so unfair after all you have been through.  :hug:
You were brave. so very brave to hear her whisper and to let her fly free when she needed rest. Your love and care kept her happy for her twilight times and she will watch over you.
A new star shines tonight.
Play well at the bridge Kitty - you were much loved xx

I can't put it better than this. My thoughts are with you Mary  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2016, 21:50:20 PM »
Sorry Mary, I don't know Kitty's story, but it sounds like you have had a terrible time. Take care of yourself xxx
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 21:51:25 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2016, 20:12:26 PM »
I'm so very very sorry Mary. It is so unfair after all you have been through.  :hug:
You were brave. so very brave to hear her whisper and to let her fly free when she needed rest. Your love and care kept her happy for her twilight times and she will watch over you.
A new star shines tonight.
Play well at the bridge Kitty - you were much loved xx
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 19:24:31 PM »
Oh Mary  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: How sad  :'( :'( I'm so sorry.
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 19:10:21 PM »
I'm so sorry, Mary. I feared something like this. I don't really know what to say. There are times when there are no words. You gave an old lady a happy home and it was lovely to read about her slowly coming out of her shell. I doubt that will be much consolation today  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 19:06:29 PM »
Oh Mary this is such devasting news  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Kitty had just got to trusting you with all your care and now she has gone to the Bridge, i am so very sorry.

I so wish I could put thungs better for you.

RIP Kitty play hard on the Bridge you have left a pawprint in your meowmys heart.

Please stay in touch Mary even if its just to say Hi, we were all so worried about you.

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 18:19:12 PM »
Oh no, I am so sorry to read this.

Just know that you gave her a wonderful home where she felt loved and that you gave her a great gift. Patience, to be herself and to learn to trust people again.

:hug: :hug: :hug:
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Link to CatChat