Other Animal welfare issues & petitons > Other Animal Petitions & Welfare & News

repeal of the hunting ban

<< < (2/7) > >>

Dawn F:
I'm glad they stepped in to make him back down but I still think they were trying to prove a point rather than worrying about hunting

Mymblesdaughter:
They do have hunting in Scotland and they are allowed to flush an animal with more than 2 dogs, so in some ways this amendment would have brought the legislation in line with the Scottish act. The problem was the Tories decided to add a research and observation clause which is in neither of the acts. I have heard of hunts using this as a way of getting out of a prosecution. It's a bit like the Japanese idea to get around the whaling laws. Scotland was looking at tightening up their hunting act and hopefully will do so.

I don't think the SNP were going to vote on this issue. This was certainly the info from people in the know but they received so many calls, emails etc asking for their help they decided to do so. 

Dawn F, Cameron was acting like an undemocratic bully so I'm glad the SNP stepped in. It was the right thing to do. 

Gill (sneakiefeline):
Thats what politics is all about most of the time but when it involves killing defenceless animals for pleasure then those involved should be hunted down and know what its like  >:( >:( >:( >:(!

Dawn F:
its nothing to do with the hunting, the snp just want to prove a point - its all pathetic playground stuff and makes me totally sick

Gill (sneakiefeline):
Dont they have hunting in Scotland?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version