Author Topic: How good is this  (Read 2998 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: How good is this
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 18:18:10 PM »
I dont buy less stuff on impulse sadly, I have a compulsion with food buying - and have been using a list for the past couple of years now (before I had the car, I used to map out what I was going to eat each night, and work out what I needed, as to use the local shops cost a lot more!!), and still haven't got out of the habit!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 15:50:04 PM »
Stick to your list, Desley, and you'll save a fortune. From memory, only one in five people use shopping lists at all, so you're halfway there!

I'd advise everyone to use a list, even if it doesn't come naturally, either to save money (you buy less stuff on impulse) or to save time (you don't forget stuff which of course you then have to buy later).
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 10:11:35 AM »
Shall do that Christine - I have to take a shopping list, or I come back without things, but I still buy loads of things that aren't on the list, so i dont save money!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 08:43:03 AM »
The one I go to is Bookers, maybe some of the others are cheaper?

I too find that Bookers is  often more expensive than the Supermarket.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 21:22:17 PM »
Desley, I take a notebook and I write them down.

Note from my day job - you will save money on your grocery shopping if you use a list (and you can use the back of the piece of paper to write the bargains down!  ;D)
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 20:17:00 PM »
Wow, that is wonderful!! My problem is I always check the cat food aisle regardless of what I have in, just in case, but I dont always remember them by the time I get home, and time to get on the PC
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 19:13:33 PM »
Teresa do you not have a cash and carry near you?  :shify:

I checked the cash & carry I  use for the B&B and it worked out more expensive for cat food than buying the deals from supermarkets. It's pretty much the same for most things in there so I just buy things you can't get in supermarkets like horrible fake milk portions, mini butter portions etc. The one I go to is Bookers, maybe some of the others are cheaper?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 19:14:16 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 17:57:25 PM »
Millys mum yes we do but it does not stock the food we need, runs out of stock regularly and works out more expensive than supermarket special offer prices, I stopped using it a long time ago when they refused to expand their lines.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 17:47:47 PM »
Teresa do you not have a cash and carry near you?  :shify:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 11:42:42 AM »
We could start our own Supermarket price checking team all under cover to save us loads of dosh for our kitties and the extra left can be added to our favourite charities or a donation of something to that amount

Good saving just off to Asda for doggie stuff!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 11:23:02 AM »
That's brilliant  :wow:

Can we enlist some more eagle eyed bargain spotters? If we all check the offers when we go to the supermarket, it's like giving rescues a £huge donation and it doesn't cost us a penny  :Luv:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
How good is this
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 11:05:37 AM »
Just wanted to say thank you to all our bargain spotters
Done a few sums and this week thanks to people posting bargain prices I have saved a total of 51.70 thats enough for 1 spay,1 microchip and
1 wormer.
Please keep up the good work folks it really does help.

Link to CatChat