Cat Health & Behaviour > For Disabled Cats

Story of Ai Chan the deaf kitten

(1/2) > >>

Shiroi-Neko:
The lady only new Ai chan was deaf. Her White sister daisy was later found out she was deaf when their new adoptive parents. She showed all the signs of a hearing kitten.

The White charley brother of Ai Chan, is he is also deaf
this is Charley

Now one year old Ai chan With my foster cat phillip

Tagalong:
lovely  :Luv2:
itisn't just blue eyed who are deaf either -can be any eye colour in white cats.
interesting to know how she was assessed as deaf -it's very hard to be sure within a litter of kittens as they react to the stimulus around them and so compensate for lack of hearing -normally only becomes obvious when the kitten is on its own away from other cats.

zenagarfield:
awww what beautiful cats, i have been readng a book called The Character of Cats and there is a section within the book that explains that alot of white cats/dogs have hearing difficulties due to a certain part of the brain that is connected to the spine.

Shiroi-Neko:

--- Quote from: Mark on February 03, 2010, 07:15:57 AM ---Also, is she likely to go in the garden or on a terrace? - if so, it is a good idea to use sun block as white cats are from to skin cancer - especially on ear tips. I'm not sure which brands are cat-safe but sure others can advise.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for your good advice on the cancer bit Mark :).she goes out on the the large balcony its wired in so no accidents. yes we used to put childs/babys sunblock on my old calico cats ears. i would hate to see A ichan get ear problems due to the sun

Mark:
Also, is she likely to go in the garden or on a terrace? - if so, it is a good idea to use sun block as white cats are from to skin cancer - especially on ear tips. I'm not sure which brands are cat-safe but sure others can advise.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version