Cat Health & Behaviour > For Disabled Cats

My Ducha only has 3 legs

(1/3) > >>

Gill (sneakiefeline):
 :rofl: :rofl:

Valkyriekat:
I have a skiing gouge across one of the seat cushions - two parallel lines that are at least a foot long.  We'd only had H for a few days and I startled him, which caused him to cross the width of the room at knee height - a single leap with traction gained from the cushion.  At least I know that the cushion is made of extremely good quality leather as I can see how thick it is...

Gill (sneakiefeline):
He sounds very much like Ducha whose back leg also slips when he is lying down and in the night I often get a claw in my side LOL

Ducha is now 16 years old and no you never mentioned your leather but nor did I mention mine  :rofl: and the arm on one side has the marks from one of Duchas skiing accidents!

He was happily lying on the arm and suddenly started to slip so grabed with both front paws has he was going backwards but his weight just pulled him down............sigh

I foolishly tried to catch him but couldnt cos I am not very quick, got scratched as well but that was the beiginning of the end for my nice new leather sofa!!

Valkyriekat:
H is well balanced on hard surfaces and he adapts for softer surfaces like the bed by dropping his back leg down, so the whole area between his knee and his paw is used.  A normal lap is beyond him, his back leg either slips off the side or slips down the gap and he panics if he hasn't got control.

I don't know when or how he lost his leg, but he was about 6 when we got him.  His front end and tail are very muscular and sometimes it looks as though his back leg has moved over slightly, but not always - it really does depend how he stands at the time.

H is the same as Ducha in that he can run like the wind, but jumping isn't good.  He favours the dig the claws in and pull method for getting up on to furniture.  Did I ever tell you that I used to have a beautiful leather suite....  ;D

Gill (sneakiefeline):
Ducha is very well balanced but cant cope with laps.

He sleeps lying against me at night and he purrs like a tractor. His latest game is sticking a wet nose in my ear and pushing and pushing, took me forever to stop him last night LOL

I think he only lost the leg in the year before coming to me cos he has been here nearly 4 years now and his tail leans towards his missing back leg and his one back leg seenms to be more central.

He races over the ground at 100mph but cant jump that high.

Trying to get him to eat more cos he has lost some weight in last 6 months.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version