Author Topic: help!!  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: help!!
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 23:04:13 PM »
Franta hated Ducha after a minor op and it took a week before he was back to normal........in the end it took Ducha to keep rubbing himself all over Franta, was so relieved when they were friends again.

I think it just take time and maybe the collar puts him off too........it will get back to normal just be patient  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 19:45:04 PM »
you could rub a soft cloth round the edge of their mouth to get a stronger scent - good luck.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 19:36:57 PM »
I agree with Susanne -
I have had that everytime one of mine has come back having had an Op

As Susanne has said its because they smell of the vets

I am sure everything will be back to normal within a day or two xx

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 15:35:05 PM »
Hope its gets back to normal as soon as poss :Luv:
Caroline xx

Offline mischief and kayto

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 14:34:32 PM »
Thanks sussane,

am a bit reluctant to put vanilla on mischief, as he is so depressed already, but will conitunue to rub mischief and kayto with the same hand/or towel :shify:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 14:22:03 PM »
Don't worry - Kayto will come around.  It's just because Mischief smells different having been at the vets.  The same thing happened when my Mosi had to have an operation a couple of weeks ago - Jaffa hissed and growled at him when he returned.  After a day or 2 things were much better but it took a good week before things were back to normal. 

If you have any feliway that might help, or I've heard it suggested to put a few drops of vanilla essence on both cats (base of tail, behind ears etc - where they sniff each other) to make them smell the same.  You can also try rubbing a towel on one and then rub it over the other to exchange scents.  Pretty much the things you do when introducing new cats to each other.

I'd keep them apart while you're out until things settle down, esp as Mischief can't defend himself very well due to the collar.

Offline mischief and kayto

• Adult Cat
help!!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 12:50:28 PM »
mentioned in the other thread that mischief somehow got his tail ripped and had to have an operation on tuesday.

however now his sister  kayto does not seem to recognise him after his operation, i keep stroking them both in order to mix up their scents, what else do you recommend. Today since both my partner and i are at work, have locked kayto outside, incase she decides to attack mischief. he is a bit helpless at defending himself with a huge lampshade collar.

Link to CatChat