Author Topic: hello after so long, bad news mischief has lost his tail  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
Re: hello after so long, bad news mischief has lost his tail
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2007, 23:03:02 PM »
Had he been missing for long?

Was there any pattern to the shredding? Did the vet give any indication of whether the tears could have been caused by rubber tyres or teeth? In other words car accident or fight.

The only other things that occurs are

1. do you have woods, heaths or parkland in the immediate vicinity? I am thinking of whether he may have got his tail cxaught in some sort of animal trap - persih the thought but bas****s still put them out all over the country.

2. Is there any history or kids / youths attacking animals in the locality? Fireworks tied to a tail would almost certainly show powder burns.

Does he stay out overnight?
Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline mischief and kayto

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 12:47:08 PM »
yes, it was ripped so i guess he must have been trapped some where.
i live next to an allotment , last house in a very quite cul de sac.

there are lots of antic cats in our neighbourhood, so it must indicate that it is safe.

his tail does not seem to be bothering him, more over the lampshade collar to prevent him from removing his stitches.

also kayto does not seem to recognise him after his operation, i keep stoking them both in order to mix up their scents, what else dop you recommend. Today since both my partner and i are at work, have locked kayto outside, incase she decides to attack mischief.

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 09:50:19 AM »
Archie and I send lots of love to Mischief. Archie had his tail amputated in April after an injury, the vet thought he had trapped his tail somewhere. He has made a full recovery and now looks very distinctive! It has made no difference to him at all he still wags his stump with pride. All the best. :hug:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 08:06:56 AM »
Could it have been a Fox or simply trapped somewhere and the damage was done in the struggle to get free. When you say came home in the morning, does he usually go out at night?
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 08:00:43 AM »
Welcome back, I hope he gets better soon.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 21:06:02 PM »
I was in the vets the other day and a man had a tail-less cat. He said she lost in  a fight when she was young so it must happen. He said it doesn't stop her doing anything and she is quite happy - and she was  ;D
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 19:38:21 PM »
Get well soon Mischief  ;D

Offline Jennbear

• Adult Cat
  • If cats could talk - they would lie to you :)
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 19:37:04 PM »
oh I hope your furbabe feels better soon. Tallulah came home once with a ripped tail and the vet said it looked like she'd been stuck somewhere. Maybe Mischief got stuck somewhere too.

Teddie has some of his tail off and he was dandy. His fur has grown back just grand and he loves to wag his stumpy tail around :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 18:41:03 PM »
Poor Mischief  :hug:  It does sound a strange injury to have been caused by another cat, did the vet give any other possibilities as to how it might have happened? I wouldn't worry about him losing part of his tail though, there are a few cats on here that have had to have their tails amputated recently and they are coping just fine.

Oh,  :welcome: back too  ;D

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 18:23:19 PM »
Poor poor baby, hope hes ok today Max sends cheesy blobs to help Mischief get better  :hug:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline mischief and kayto

• Adult Cat
hello after so long, bad news mischief has lost his tail
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 18:15:38 PM »
 :( hi mischief came home yesterday morning with his tail in shreds. the vet said it did not look like a road accident, might have been a cat fight. anyway he had to have an operation, and now only has half a tail.
was wondering can this be due to a cat fight, i never imagine they could do so much damage.

Link to CatChat