Author Topic: MOIST CAT BISCUITS/food  (Read 7736 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: MOIST CAT BISCUITS/food
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 17:10:21 PM »
The moist foods were very high in sugars, preservatives, colours etc, I think thats why they don't produce them anymore.

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 16:58:32 PM »
I remember it  but also remember my cats were not too smitten by it. We were also donated quite a bit as people would phone me and say I have food, my cats don't like. It is happening now with Felix Roasted. Loads of people are giving us some, problem is most of our cats don't like it either.

That answers my question of what happened to Delikat then Ela!  Perhaps Bertie wouldn't like it if it was still around then.  My three don't like Felix Roasted - when last presented with it, Bella actually turned her back on it and did a scraping motion as if she was covering something in the litter tray, which told me exactly what she thought of it!!!  Speaking of food that cats don't like, has anyone else come across the Waitrose "Surf n Turf" tinned cat food range?  My friend gave me a few tins as her cats were refusing to eat the lamb and mint sauce flavour, or the pilchard, basil and tomato one.  Funnily enough, my three wouldn't touch it either!!!  It makes me wonder how much of this food is produced to appeal to the owners rather than the cats!

Offline lilycat

• Senior Cat
  • Lilycat
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 14:28:36 PM »
I have a sneaking suspicion that they used to be made by Go-Cat but it was a long, long, VERY long time ago  :doh:

I can't think why no-one seems to do a moist biscuit anymore; there must be a lot of pusscats like my Basil [he of few teeth] who would manage a soft biscuit better than he does the hard ones...which he appears to swallow whole.

Nice to see you back, SP  :hug:

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 13:50:27 PM »
That's bizarre!!!

I've been trying to remember the exact same thing for a few weeks now...they were a kind of a reddish colour and I think they were sold in boxes containing individual portions? That was some time ago though.

Are we both thinking of the same thing SP?

Thats the very same I believe LC just would like something soft and tasty as a change for the oldies  :hug:

Does anyone know of anything similar?

xx

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 12:44:43 PM »
I remember the hi-life one had a funny smell like brewers yeast  :sick:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 08:25:49 AM »
Does anyone else remember something called Delikat

I remember it  but also remember my cats were not too smitten by it. We were also donated quite a bit as people would phone me and say I have food, my cats don't like. It is happening now with Felix Roasted. Loads of people are giving us some, problem is most of our cats don't like it either.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 00:13:27 AM »
Does anyone else remember something called Delikat that was around years ago?  It was moist biscuits in individual pouches and it was great.  I wish they still made it as apparently it worked like a charm on my parents' cat's struvite crystals and now I've got a similar problem with Bertie, it would be very handy!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 00:10:52 AM »
Yes Hi Life did used to.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 23:36:04 PM »
I asked on here a while ago and it was hi-life that did it but now discontinued  >:(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 23:27:01 PM »
Is it Webbox Cats Delights?  :-:

They're sort of moist. I use them to wrap around Jumpy's tablets. You can get them from Asda as well as other places.  ;D

Offline lilycat

• Senior Cat
  • Lilycat
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 23:02:50 PM »
That's bizarre!!!

I've been trying to remember the exact same thing for a few weeks now...they were a kind of a reddish colour and I think they were sold in boxes containing individual portions? That was some time ago though.

Are we both thinking of the same thing SP?

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
MOIST CAT BISCUITS/food
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 22:03:25 PM »
Ther use to be a company that made moist long cat buiscuit/food. I cant for the life of me think of what it was called. Do any of you lovely people know of anwhere that sells moist buiscuits for Bella and Milo

Thankyou

xx

Link to CatChat