Author Topic: Daisy's peeing on my bed!  (Read 2368 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Daisy's peeing on my bed!
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2007, 01:48:50 AM »
Do not use bleach when cleaning cos it contains amonia which smells to a cat like their urine and therefore attracts them back to reuse the same place.

Clean with bio washing stuff and then use surgical spirit or simple solution to get rid of smell, as its bedding you may need then to rewash in bio to get rid of smell of surgical spirit  ;D

I dont know if simple solution will work if you wash it out again.

Try having a litter tray in the bedroom.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 21:45:02 PM »
I picked up a jumper from the bathroom floor tonight (yes thats where I put clothes  :evillaugh: ) and a familiar smell assaulted me. I can even tell which is the offending cat by smell/colour  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 20:07:22 PM »
My old cat, Reggie used to pee on bags. I once took a train from Edinburgh to London and was disgusted that someone who was sitting near me stank of cat pee. It wasn't until I got off the train that I realised that it was ME....the swine had peed on my laptop bag.

You were lucky, my sister left the bedroom door open while staying with me (depite endless reminders) and Ralfie peed on the coat she wore onto the long-distance flight home  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: she was not impressed

Offline jools

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 09:27:16 AM »
It's good to know that it's not just me who has this problem. I had been keeping my door closed but left it open one day and found her curled up at my feet with no pee, so I stupidly thought she'd stopped it.

The bond thing does make sense. She goes mental when I go to bed and shut her out. If i get up in the night to go to the loo (that's what having 2 kids does for you) then she's all over me like a rash....and then the miaowing starts when I shut the bedroom door.

In terms of sexual maturity, it had crossed my mind. She is absolutely desperate to get out and makes a bolt as soon as the door is open. She isn't doing the whole calling thing, but she really is dying to get out into the garden.

I don't think she's peeing due to stress. We have Fifi Cat, who's 11 and who is a very outdoor girl during these warm months. Daisy shows no fear at all towards Fifi....or anything else, including my two cocker spaniels.

My old cat, Reggie used to pee on bags. I once took a train from Edinburgh to London and was disgusted that someone who was sitting near me stank of cat pee. It wasn't until I got off the train that I realised that it was ME....the swine had peed on my laptop bag.

love from Julie, Fifi and Daisy

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 09:00:55 AM »
Binky also peed on the beds, sofa, cushions etc. I was told it was to do with the squishy texture, and we never really solved the problem. He was much better once he was allowed out, as he did not really like even a clean litter tray, but we lost him in a RTA in the end. I used to sleep with him wound round me and cling on to him as that stopped him wandering down to the bottom of the bed for a pee - not the best way to get a good night's sleep but I never needed a hot water bottle. Sorry - can't be much help!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 08:37:17 AM »
Tilly did this as a kitten it was just a case of shutting the bedroom door until she was about  a year old, she now sleeps on the bed and fingers crossed hasn't peed since

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 08:21:20 AM »
I would say wash the duvet in Bio - non bio won't get the smell out. I would also try some oxygen bleach in the wash but use 2 scoops. I started using it recently and it really is good. It gets stains out, gets rid of odours, kills germs and whitens - you can use it in a coloured wash as well without bleaching colour out. No need to buy the expensive one - The one in the pink container is about £7 for a kilo but the Astonish one is about £2.20 for the same thing in Wilkinsons (you can also get a 500gram pack of Wizz brand in Tesco for £1.20)

On the bright side, at least a duvet CAN be washed. Willow is ruining my carpets  >:(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 08:11:36 AM »
Female cats can pee in odd places when they are in heat, but she is slightly young for that - is she showing any other signs that it could be due to sexual maturity? She is young for a UTI, but i have heard of kittens at that age suffering with them, so that might be worth ruling out too.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 08:12:11 AM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 06:38:07 AM »
good luck with stopping her now, my cody does it mainly on my sons bed who he has a very close bond with, he will also do it on my daughters bed but not so much.

Try putting a feliway diffuser in your room, washing everything and spray it with feliway spray - that does help.

The best way is to totally ban her from the room, this is basically what we have to do with cody but keeping the doors shut is hard, the feliway seems to make a difference but of course once he has had a pee he'll continue to keep going back which is when we have to be very vigilent he doesnt get in there for ages.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 06:32:29 AM »
whatever you do, solve it now. Pavarotti was doing it till the day he died. Cat Psychologist told me it was an extra-strong dependency on me, above all others. He was siamese. He also used to pee on my head once I went to bed. Not nice.

First, check she does not have any urinary tract probs (unlikely at that age)
Second, do you have any other cats (either in your home or neighbouring) who might be making her feel stressed?
Third, are your litter trays clean at all times? This can sometimes happen as a protest if the litter trays are insufficient for the number of cats using them (one is so dominant the others are afraid to use it after them)
Get to a pet behaviourist before it becomes and entrenched habit.
I still have duvets with large yellow patches on them, which have been drycleaned to within an inch of their lives...

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 23:29:22 PM »
There can be many reasons why they do that. But one of them is habit. Try closing her out of your bedroom for a few days so hopefully she forgets she used to do it.

Offline jools

• Adult Cat
Daisy's peeing on my bed!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 23:05:02 PM »
So, Miss Daisy has taken to peeing on my bed  >:( ....and just MY bed? She's still just a baby - 15 weeks old now, but I'd like to understand why she's doing it, and how I can stop her doing it!

She has never peed anywhere other than her litter box. Her litter is kept clean, so it's not that. This is the 3rd time she's done it now, and each time I have washed the bedding in non-bio washing powder.

Can anyone help?
love from Julie, Fifi and Daisy

Link to CatChat