Author Topic: kitten feeding  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: kitten feeding
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 17:25:46 PM »
I hate the paste, especially as they get more wiggly  :evillaugh:

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 23:26:01 PM »
P.S
They are also ready for their first injection (if they havent had it already)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 23:25:26 PM »
Might be easier to use something like Panacure paste on the kittens.
You have to do it for about 3 days in a row (cant remember excatly)

Whatever you use make sure you get it from a VET and not a supermarket or petshop

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 22:44:02 PM »
I've taken this from the Drontal website...  If you can't find out when they were wormed then you can only presume the last time they were done was the day you got them so they could safely be done in another week.  You can get worming tablets from the vets or you can also order online at places like www.vetuk.co.uk

Q: At what age should I start worming my puppy/kitten?

By contrast, kittens are not born with worm larvae already present, so worming does not need to start until 6 weeks old, with further treatments every 3 weeks, until 4 months old. Thereafter, worming at 3 monthly intervals should be adopted.

The food side of things seems fine to me, my two prefer wet food to dry so they have Pets at Home kitten complete (dry) as a snack and wet food for breakfast and lunch.  When they were the age of your girls they were being fed 4 times a day as kittens only have little tummies so eat little and often.

Offline MattJG

• Adult Cat
    • LincsTorque.com
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 22:27:43 PM »
there about 10 weeks now.

i cant find out anything about them now. the communication line has broken down completely.

when should they be done? and what should i get them?

my friends kitten had worms, not nice. pucked one up on my brand new carpet at the time.

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 21:30:20 PM »
Sound like you are doing everything ok to me Matt

How old are the kittens ?
Have they been wormed ?

Offline MattJG

• Adult Cat
    • LincsTorque.com
kitten feeding
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 21:09:42 PM »
what should i be feeding my furbabes?

i have "Pets At Home, Kitten complete" says for 1 to 18 months. i keep there bowl toped up and they seem content in just nibbling when they want (always together )

i also got them some "felix" pouches. says kittens up to 1year. started off giving them one pouch between them with a little "felix" milk when i got home and there were guffing for England.  :sick:

i cut the milk out prity much all together for a week now and only miss out the odd day with the pouches. (i know, im mean :sneaky:) but there bottoms seem a lot better. there still as full of energy as ever, but am i missing something out? or doing something wrong?

Link to CatChat