Author Topic: Natural Arthritis remedies  (Read 2236 times)

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
Re: Natural Arthritis remedies
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 20:24:08 PM »
Is that green mussel thing from Denes ok with kidneys and livers? I saw it on their website and wondered about it. Good to know it's helping Toby.

I've no idea about that I'm afraid - best talk to your vet I think.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 19:25:30 PM »
Is that green mussel thing from Denes ok with kidneys and livers? I saw it on their website and wondered about it. Good to know it's helping Toby. Max's limping gets triggered by a jump, not from a tree, more like an ironing board left up for way too long while the shirts pile up  :sick:
He has awfully knobbly elbows and sometimes probably lands too hard. He's still limping tonight despite the jab. I hope I don't have to take him back next week for anti inflamms.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 18:28:56 PM »
Hmmm. i bet a lot of peeps have that prob maybe there should be a sticky

They are in the links section under veterinary stuff  ;D

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 18:22:03 PM »
My Toby has arthritis (he is pushing 12) and a dodgy rear knee joint after falling out of a tree. I give him a supplement which contains green-lipped mussel extract and glucosamine sulphate - it's in capsule form and made by Denes. It's made a real difference in his mobility and in his general condition. He's on a maintenance level dose of one capsule every other day.

You can also get similar supplements in powder form to add to food or water which works out cheaper. I buy the capsules purely because it is easier to pill Toby (though that is relative in itself) than try and get him to eat food with strange stuff in it...

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 14:37:06 PM »
Anyone used Rhustox either successfully or otherwise? My vet mentioned it for Max this am but says from a client, not from personal use. It is homeopathic.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 19:22:52 PM »
If you look for Dawn (Cheesecat) posts at the botton there's a link to vet uk through a charity  ;)

Hmmm. i bet a lot of peeps have that prob maybe there should be a sticky  ;)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 19:24:01 PM by Ruth (Bazsmum) »

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 18:08:28 PM »
:welcome:

Check this link out......and if you do decide to make a purchase of any of the meds please go through one of the links via a cat charity  ;)

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4&zenid=129831b7735f2869cda6f71ad98cb5cb

sorry to be thick. How do I order through a link - where's the link? Thanks.

Offline sparky

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 13:36:14 PM »
Hi, and thanks for the  :welcome:

My cats name is Lewis and he's a real daddy's boy (sends the Wife mad) and hates being around the children, though they are 3 and 5.

I've noticed over the past couple of months a slight difficulty and tightness when he gets up, a little sesitive to touch on occasions and if he runs about it tens to relieve it slightly, although arthritis has not been confirmed.

If I try him on something natural, due to his age (14) and there is no improvement I'll take a trip to the vet

Thanks,

Mark

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 12:44:29 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Mark.  What is your cat's name?  Have s/he had a confirmed diagnosis of arthritis from a vet?

If so, check out this link for plenty of suggestions on alleviating arthritis which you can discuss with your vet:

http://www.chaptanservices.com/purrs/index.php?topic=999.0
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 12:14:07 PM »
 :welcome:

Check this link out......and if you do decide to make a purchase of any of the meds please go through one of the links via a cat charity  ;)

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4&zenid=129831b7735f2869cda6f71ad98cb5cb

Offline sparky

• Kitten
Natural Arthritis remedies
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 10:43:27 AM »
Hi,

Would someone be able to point me in the right direction for any natural arthritis remedies for my Cat.

Thanks,

Mark

Link to CatChat