Author Topic: Urgent.....worried mummy!  (Read 12393 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: Urgent.....worried mummy!
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2007, 17:06:11 PM »
The folk that take pups/kittens under 8 weeks old are just as bad as the breeders

I'm sure no harm was meant intentionally but if it was me in the same situation, I would have reserved the little ones and made sure they were kept with mum until THEY WERE READY AND NOT BEFORE!!

I know some of the posts seem harsh, but because of idiocy, this little one could die  :'(  :'(  I'm pleased mum will be getting spayed, at least it won't happen again.

Offline PandaFi

• Adult Cat
  • Paws and Chloe xx
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2007, 17:04:08 PM »
a vet opens at six..

Thats 1 hour away.......1 of the foster kittens took ill very quickly  with in half ahour & nearly died ...& your going to wait an hour
I don't have a choice...it'd take me an hour to get to the emergency vets in this area anyway

MBll

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 17:02:10 PM »
a vet opens at six..

Thats 1 hour away.......1 of the foster kittens took ill very quickly  with in half ahour & nearly died ...& your going to wait an hour

MBll

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2007, 16:59:23 PM »
the people you got her off really want a good shaking  :censored:

The folk that take pups/kittens under 8 weeks old are just as bad as the breeders

Offline PandaFi

• Adult Cat
  • Paws and Chloe xx
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2007, 16:59:03 PM »
Hey guys! Thanks for the quick reply! I know was very keen on taking a kitten on at six weeks! But I'd rather it came here than somewhere else! We've had her on Lactol...it was all she'd take..until the mince! We won't be doing that again. She seems to have perked a wee bit...went to play for a few minutes. Still...a vet opens at six...so she'll be going! Thanks guys!

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2007, 16:58:30 PM »
PandaFi is still showing as active online ....... if you are still on the site, please please take your little to a vet now, don't wait until later or it could be too late  :(

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 16:55:42 PM »
Re the raw mince.......I really wouldn't recommend giving anything raw at that age.  At that age, she should be getting her mum's milk or if not possible because the idiot owner has parted with her, she should be getting KMR such as Cimicat or Lactol and also kitten food.  What on earth were they doing parting with her when she wasn't even eating properly  :mad2:  :mad2:  It's bad enough parting with her at 6 weeks and depriving her of her mum but this is even worse  >:(  I've not read the thread on her so don't know the full story but getting the jist on here, the people you got her off really want a good shaking  :censored:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 16:55:08 PM »
At 6 weeks of age she provbably doesnt know how to eat on her own - please get her to a vet now.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

MBll

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 16:47:28 PM »
at   6 weeks old she should still be with mum & goes for the rest of the litter...you will need to get into the vets  NOW.. my 2 foster kittens nearly died at that age... DONT HANG ABOUT HERE  GET TO THE VETS NOW

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 16:45:11 PM »
You need to get this little one to the vets asap........if you don't, you are more than likely going to lose her  :'(  :'(  Kittens go downhill so quickly and she really doesn't sound as if she's in a good state.......if your vets are closed, ring as an emergency or get her in elsewhere.  Keeping everything crossed for her  :wish:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 16:43:04 PM »
Is the one you said was your neighbours? At 6 weeks she needs to be back with her mummy especially as shes not weaned yet.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 16:41:00 PM »
When do they open? Really sounds like little one needs checking over, even if you take her to a different practice.

Offline PandaFi

• Adult Cat
  • Paws and Chloe xx
Urgent.....worried mummy!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 16:38:56 PM »
Hiya guys! I need your help...my vets not open just now, but kitten will be going as soon as they do open. My little kitten wasn't eating properly, so as suggested, we gave her a little raw mince (her sister got the same) but she brought it back up about an hour ago, and has been excessively salivating ever since! She's also just falling asleep wherever she is(in her litter tray to begin with) until she wakens herself falling over. I'm really worried about her...mainly due to the salivating!! Please help!!

Link to CatChat