Author Topic: General cat moan! (Senility)  (Read 8087 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: General cat moan!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 14:43:23 PM »
The vet said that senility was just something that happened and isn't treatable. He's not a cuddly kind of vet, so he tends to be very black and white about things.

I'm currently using Rescue Remedy and the Feliway spray (thanks Ruth :) ) and have in the past tried a herbal remedy called Boost. I don't know what else to do, but Old Mog is now asleep on the bed completely oblivious to the break down she caused earlier!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

ccmacey

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 13:01:08 PM »
Has the vet discussed any other options to make old mog more comfortable? (I dont mean PTS BTW)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 12:31:35 PM »
Thanks, CC. Just sat outside with a cuppa to get some fuss time with the youngest...she's the least demanding and she's the one that hasn't had so many cuddles in the last few days. Bless her.  :Luv:

They're all lovely, it's just tiring!

ccmacey

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 11:36:25 AM »
Aww Jack, Im sure your others understand.  :hug:

Hope all goes well at the vets  :)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
General cat moan! (Senility)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 10:13:01 AM »
I'm sooo tired.... :tired: My Old Mog is being utter hard work. She's crying for no reason all the time as far as I can see. (Apart from the being diagnosed senile, that is!) It's completely exhausting and I feel utterly useless because I can't do anything. And the problem is, I'm spending so much time reassuring her the other cats aren't getting as much fuss as I feel they should. :(

I know things could be worse, but we all want what's best for all our cats, not just one of them. I'm getting a lift to the vets (hopefully this week) for Madams T4 test. The vet has reassured me twice that hyperthyroidism isn't the problem (he hasn't done a blood test, just done a physical), but I need to do the test. If there's any way to make this situation less tense, I've got to try it.

Link to CatChat