Author Topic: Dry nose on cats?  (Read 2971 times)

Offline Angeladeedah

• Senior Cat
Re: Dry nose on cats?
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 12:51:44 PM »
My boy's noses are usually dry.   Ollie has a very cute little pink nose and it will turn from light pink to a dark pink

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 12:58:44 PM »
Chilli's nose is mostly dry.

Dave's nose is monstly wet, at least it is when he's shoving it in my ear or cheek at 6am!

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 12:29:46 PM »
isn't it dogs who are supposed to have wet noses all the time??  (dog people feel free to correct me!)

That's a myth .. they can be wet or dry warm or cold. It pretty much depends on the time of the day and what they are doing. Mostly though they are cold and wet!

Memphis' nose has been cold and moist (it feels wet but doesn't leave a wet mark) lately.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 12:20:53 PM »
I don't  know for sure but don't think it is sinister.  Charlie's nose is dry sometimes too

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 11:27:45 AM »
Max's nose can vary as well from being moist to dry, not 'snotty' wet though (sorry  :shy:)

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 11:26:54 AM »
isn't it dogs who are supposed to have wet noses all the time??  (dog people feel free to correct me!)

Offline kris

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 11:18:51 AM »
My two vary, sometimes hour to hour, I wouldn't have thought dry was a problem but overly wet and drippy would indicate illness or something?

Maybe?

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
Dry nose on cats?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 11:16:47 AM »
What does it mean when a cats nose is dry? Somebody told me (a while back) that it indicates an illness. Is this true? I thought they could both be wet and dry and it would be normal due to wether the cats sweat glands are active or not.

Jameson has been sleeping a lot recently - although had normal good appetite and still very active when he goes out (been playing lots with Da Bird!) so he is not exactly displaying any signs of illness, apart from the dry nose. He tend to spend more time indoors when the weather is bad anyway.
He is sleeping right now and this is when I checked his nose. Yesterday when I checked it (outside) it was moist.

Just wanted to know whether it could be a sign of illness, I know it can be hard to detect in cats. Like I said, apart from that he is his normal self, playful, cheeky with a healthy appetite.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Link to CatChat