Author Topic: Litter tray recommendations?  (Read 2747 times)

Offline rosiesmum

• Senior Cat
Re: Litter tray recommendations?
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 14:30:45 PM »
Hi em1209

Argos don't sell the replacement filters, but I get mine from my local pet shop. ;D

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 12:17:55 PM »
Thanks everyone  ;)

I think I might try and have a look at the one in Argos. Rosiesmum, can you get the replacement filters from there too do you know? Maybe the ones from zooplus might fit anyway.
Helen, I've looked for Jollyes and there is one, but it's the other side of Bristol and so by the time I got there, cost of petrol etc, it's probably not worth it. Thanks though, and yes, very good PR, if you don't already work for them, you should!!

I think a covered up one might be good too as at the moment when one kitty is having a private moment in the tray, the other one decides to go over, have a good sniff, try to get in too etc etc!!

Offline rosiesmum

• Senior Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 05:52:52 AM »
I got Rosie's from Argos, very similar to the photo above, has the scoop in the lid, comes with 6 free filters, hinged flap. They are also compatible with the single tray they sell, so when I am cleaning one out, I use the spare to clip on and rotate them. Not bad for £12.99

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 21:23:09 PM »
I bought two for my new babies. One is a corner one, the other a normal one. Both have hoods and door flaps. I have taken the flap off the normal one and so it is the one in use by both kitties, the other has so far been ignored so am considering taking the flap of it also to see if there are other factors at work. Have previously had the normal shallow ones. Apart from the reduction in over-spill (to put it politely), there does not seem to be much difference. The covered ones have the advantage that if you have a kiittie who stands up to wee (and I have had both males and females who do this) the liquid is confined to the limits of the tray. The corner one seems to have plenty of room to turn and scratch. They both came from zooplus. The site also offers mats that reduce the amount of litter tracked through the house (particularly useful if you have a kitty with hairy palms), but I do not have these at present. Will probably get at least one as I have already noticed strange crunchy bits under foot as I step out of the shower ...

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 21:15:55 PM »
PAH do a new mat thing - I think the bigger one was £9.99 - you put it under the tray and it virtually stops the litter being tracked completely! ours love scratching it too  ;D

Depending on the litter you use, it might even stop it 100% - its just that we use Cats Best Oko plus stuff and that tracks like a  :censored: I was so sick of hoovering!
The big one can be cut in half and put under 2 trays.

£11.99 Helen, that is a bargain!
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 20:19:09 PM »
just noticed Ikea do some similar to what furbabystar mentioned
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 20:12:51 PM »
I got my litter trays at PAH

They arnt the covered in type but have a "lip" around them thats stops alot of litter coming out.
they are realy tough and clean up nicely

http://www.petsathome.com/invt/11957

I have the large ones

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 17:39:59 PM »
Some of the corner ones are not as good as there isnt enough turning space.

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 17:39:21 PM »
Do you work for Jollyes Helen, that was a good bit of PR there :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 17:08:20 PM »
Do you have a Jollyes near you?  I got mine from Jollyes, they are good for several reasons...

1) They are not too deep, loads of the hooded trays I saw online seemed to be really deep and a little kitten might have a job getting in.
2) They are the size of a large litter tray, deeper and bigger than the regular sized tray and Jollyes actually sell 'normal' large litter trays so you could just replace the base with if it got stained or smelly.
3) You can actually unclip/clip back on the hoods easily!  When I bought them I tried unclipping the lids of the cat-it ones that they had in there aswell.  In the end a member of staff came up to me to see I needed any help as I had been struggling for quite some time to clip the lid back on!  They also come with a scoop which clips inside the roof accessible by the flap where the carbon filter (included) lives.

Here's a pic from a US site, can't find anywhere that sells them online in the UK.  They were £11.99 in Jollyes and are made by 'Imac'

P.S Can't believe I have written such a long post about a litter tray!  :Crazy: :evillaugh:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 16:55:45 PM »
Over the years I think I must have tried every litter tray known to man, including the corner trays. To be honest I think whatever your  act uses there will always be some tracking. A small price to pay I think for knowing what your cat is passing and ensuring its wellbeing.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 16:52:13 PM »
I bought the gimpet deluxe ones, can't comment on their use yet as still in the box:) but they a big and very well made

hth
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
Litter tray recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 16:48:45 PM »
Hi,

I need to get Fergus and Polly a new litter tray, as originally I only bought them a smallish one and I now spend too long brushing up bits of litter off the floor that they kick everywhere! Can anyone recommend any good ones? I was looking on zooplus, does anyone have a Gimpet one, and are the corner ones any good?

Ta
Emma

Link to CatChat