Warm Welcome to Purrs! > Welcome to Newbies :)

Fortekor And Persian Cats

(1/4) > >>

Lyn (Slugsta):
I'm glad that Oscar is much better  ;D

I don't think I would want to start him back on the Fortekor before your holiday. I always worry about mine being ill when someone else is looking after them.

Sue P (Paddysmum):

That's such good news, Elizabeth.  I think I would be inclined to leave it too, rather than try again, unless there was any sudden marked deterioration in Oscar's general health (and it doesnt sound like that's the case.)

It's always worrying when you go away, however much you're looking forward to the holiday, and that's magnified when you have oldies to care for.   :shy:

Desley (booktigger):
What are his urea and creatnine levels? It might be that the PKD isn't affecting his kidney function that much and he doesn't need it - one of my old cats was put on it when he had to have his kidney removed as a precaution to help his remaining kidney, but when I changed vets they stopped it and his kidney function actually improved.

Elizabeth:
Hi everyone

Update on Oscar

Well the Fortekor tablets have been out of Oscars system for a week now and he is like a different cat I know he will always have PKD plus the liver cysts
We had an appointment last Saturday with our vet Seamus ( for another of our Persians Arnie who had been limping ) who is the owner of all six surgeries
in Kent I spoke to him about the Fortekor and I said I have read that side effects are rare but he has all these symptoms the same symptoms that are
mentioned in rare side effects Seamus said he had been prescribing them for over 30 yrs yrs with no problems and that it might be Oscars kidneys that
have been the cause of him not being well he told me to leave it about a week and try again At the moment I do not feel at all inclined to try again and
also we are on holiday for a week in just over 3 wks time and my son will be looking after our 4 Persians I always worry about them when we go away
more so than ever now as three of them are "oldies" 

Lyn (Slugsta):
Thanks for the update Elizabeth, it's good that you have a vet who will take your concerns seriously.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version