Author Topic: kitten in a tree?  (Read 980 times)

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
Re: kitten in a tree?
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 09:48:30 AM »
I wouldnt count on "lesson learnt"

Charlie still occasionally climbs the same tree - he doesnt go so high I am glad to say.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline tunafish

• Kitten
    • Nice Cat Stuff
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 09:21:50 AM »
oh my, I'm glad nothing bad happened to this one... looking back I should have thought it out a bit more as it was pretty silly, I could have taken a backpack up for instance and put the cat inside...

I'm sure this kitten will never climb a tree again anyway, lessons have to be learned.
If cats could go shopping they would go to nicecatstuff.co.uk

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 22:28:20 PM »
as a young man Oscar decided to climb to the top of an electric pole  - we ha to call the fire brigade as they were the only folks with a ladder long enough to get him out. The firemen then had to call Southern Electric to make sure it was safe................................ :shy:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 21:55:46 PM »
Well done, one of my cats Charlie did the tree climbing thing - He fell and we very nearly lost him, it was only the skill and dedication of my vet that saved his life - I still feel sick when i think about it and it was over a year ago.

Kitty needs to be grateful that you were in Super Hero mood.  :rofl:

The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline tunafish

• Kitten
    • Nice Cat Stuff
kitten in a tree?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 20:43:12 PM »
Has anybody else ever experienced a kitten climbing all the way up a tree and getting stuck? I have heard lots of tales but never saw this, until an hour ago.

My neighbours had been stood there for 2 hours wondering what to do, so I climbed up and saved the lil thing from 40ft. Yipes, it's not easy climbing down a tree and carrying a cat at the same time, and I'm scared of heights. I would do it again though of course.  :Crazy: ... I'm not some sort of superhero though, I think I was the only person skinny enough to not snap all the tree branches... hehe

Well, it made me feel like I'd done something good for a super furry animal. Yay
If cats could go shopping they would go to nicecatstuff.co.uk

Link to CatChat