Author Topic: Question for rescues - Halloween  (Read 2391 times)

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
Re: Question for rescues - Halloween
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 09:50:37 AM »
I don't let any kittens go to new homes over the fireworks time, I ask new owners to wait until the following week, just so they don't go to a new home and then get terrifired by lots of noise on the first night there, sort of thing, although it is getting harder now as fireworks are going off from 1 October to New Years Eve around here.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 12:38:50 PM »
True. It is obvioiusly a bigger issue over there, a lot of them wont home for the whole of OCtober.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 12:35:55 PM »
one rescue was asked for a black cat small enough for his daughter to carry, so they suspected that was for a Halloween costume

At least the potential owner was honest stupid  or is it stupid honest  enough to tell the truth?

completely forgot the date

Perfectly understandable with the pressure we are under.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 12:39:07 PM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 12:26:55 PM »
We dont home part of Dec and Jan either, I dont think we will stop for Halloween, and it seems to be more of an issue in the US - one rescue was asked for a black cat small enough for his daughter to carry, so they suspected that was for a Halloween costume. I have to admit to homing a cat on Bonfire night, i completely forgot the date when I agreed for them to come on the Sat for her!! Fortunately, she was perfectly fine, and just sat on the sofa with them!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 12:23:30 PM »

On the American forum I use, a lot of rescues stop rehoming in October due to Halloween, does anyone on here do that,

It is something I have not really thought about, but now thinking about it I think Mid Dec - early Jan will still be only time we don't home. Then again there re always exceptions to the rule e.g. say an adult  an household where there was going to be a very quiet Christmas.  I also don't like to home they few days around bonfire night as I feel that it may be extra stress on cats and kittens.

i
t isn't something I would have thought of, but we have 3 black cats in at the moment.

As people are asked to keep cats in for a period of time after re-homing I would not think black cats are in any more danger than say ginger, pink with blue spots. ;D
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Question for rescues - Halloween
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 12:08:08 PM »
On the American forum I use, a lot of rescues stop rehoming in October due to Halloween, does anyone on here do that, or know of any rescues that do? I have to admit, it isn't something I would have thought of, but we have 3 black cats in at the moment.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat