Author Topic: URGENT APPEAL ANOTHER FIV CAT AT VETS (FOLKESTONE, KENT) LIMITED TIME BEFORE PTS  (Read 8572 times)

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
The poor darlings my heart goes out to them all.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline LittleLijah

• Senior Cat
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Paddy. I hope somewhere can be found for him soon.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: URGENT APPEAL ANOTHER FIV CAT AT VETS (FOLKESTONE, KENT) LIMITED TIME BEFORE
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2007, 15:00:40 PM »
Bredhurst is the Kent CP shelter  :(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Bredhurst is also full and although has an FIV unit it has limited space.. They are also taking our Chislet ferals, so i do not with to push my luck with them...

Not doing terribly well for this puss, as everyone is bursting at the seams..
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 14:59:46 PM by canterbury_cats »
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
I so hope a place can be found for this little one.

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Ok just made a phone call but that place is full to bursting too  :censored:

The lady said have you tried "Bredhurst" ?
Its down in Kent and has an FIV unit

I did say that you would prob already know about the place being in kent yourselfs but thought i'd post it anyway.

I gotta ring this women back later as she is going to make a few phone calls and see if she can come up with anything
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 14:57:22 PM by furbabystar (Michelle) »

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
It would help Foal if he could be vacinnated.
They have taken many FIVs from me and I have paid for the vac as it helps them out alot.

Fingers crossed with an answer (I know they are very very full at the moment)
Have you tried Romney house ?

Hang on.......just had another thought !!
I'll make a phone call -  be back soon xxxx

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Re: URGENT APPEAL ANOTHER FIV CAT AT VETS (FOLKESTONE, KENT) LIMITED TIME BEFORE
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2007, 13:56:30 PM »
No calls from either yet but I will phone Sharon and post update as soon as I hear.

If the worst comes to the worst, would he be able to share with conker temporarily?

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Super Cat
Yes thats fine, as i pushed the vet to say that if we were able to home him then would they be prepared to vac him.. She said it wouldnt be a problem (free of charge hopefully!) also if need be i will  push to get him chipped!!

Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
Mark I am sure it will be - I will donate something toward Paddy injections if needed.

I'll dontate towards injections as well if needed.

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
Mark I am sure it will be - I will donate something toward Paddy injections if needed.

Gone all goose pimply and cold here and have stingy eyes. I SO hope they can take him - xx
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 13:48:47 PM by Gail Bengal Slave »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
I will try Foal Sharon - still waiting for Lord Whisky to get back. I check and they have a no-kill policy

Edit - I spoke to Foal Farm. They already have several FIV cats in. People are out at the moment but the lady will call back in a hour. She asked if he had been vacced. I said no but if that was the only issue, we could sort that out - hope that was OK?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 13:34:14 PM by Mark »

• Super Cat
I am more then happy for people to help ring around, as i am finding it difficult to cope at the moment with the sheer volumn of calls. My house looks like a tip! its been a busy week here and could do with some more help really..

Can someone try Foal?
Also beware of some organisation PTS policy for FIVs. you have to ask first.. Trouble is i have no way to transport anywhere, having trouble getting load of kittens to Bredhurst as it is..

So any calls anyone can make much appreciated.

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
Although the cats interest is the important thing, I have to be careful not to step on toes (I will stamp on them if need be to help a cat! )

Anyway, I have called and left a message. They may even be able to offer a temporary solution if nothing else?

AWWWw I so hope they can help save his handsome tabby life.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
Oh fingers crossed for this poor baby  :(

I will be thinking of Paddy today - wish I lived nearer  :(
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Although the cats interest is the important thing, I have to be careful not to step on toes (I will stamp on them if need be to help a cat! )

Anyway, I have called and left a message. They may even be able to offer a temporary solution if nothing else?

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
I wonder if Lord Whisky sanctuary would be able to help?

I will phone them if you want me to - just let me know.

Mark I think you should see if you can get him a place. All bits crossed. I feel usless, all I can do is hope and pray.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
I wonder if Lord Whisky sanctuary would be able to help?

I will phone them if you want me to - just let me know.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 12:46:52 PM by Mark »

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
OH the poor little man.

I bet he is a handsome devil - Being tabby, I do have a soft spot for tabbies. They have that certain je ne sais qua

I so hope someone comes up trumps for him, All bits tightly and firmly crossed.there has to be someone out there that can take him, there just has to be.

Positive homing vibes being sent to Paddy xxxxxxx

• Super Cat
Hello all
We are not officially the branch that covers Folkestone in Kent, but a vet that i was told about by a friend, has a two year old tabby puss, very affectionate, he has FIV..

Nobody has room to take him and as far as i am aware no one is helping either.. I have just spoken to the vets and they have had him for a week, he is neutered, but as yet not vac or anything.. Unofficially becaues they were not willing to tell me but have our welfare officer, he has the weekend or early week to find a home before they decide to PTS.. I have tried one lady who rang me up yesterday regarding kittens that we have decided is a no go due to her living on a very busy road.. So although this is one option, its my only one..

He is called Paddy.. I have no photo and unlikely to get one as the vets only had one via  mobile not a digitial one or anything.

Can anyone help?

With our two FIV cats in our care and all the kittens we just have no room to put such a puss, and am abit annoyed that no other branch can help either.

Please post here or email me if you want to know more.. Even if we can get him out the vets that would help...

Thanks

Link to CatChat