Author Topic: Chislet ferals  (Read 9525 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Chislet ferals
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2007, 08:52:42 AM »
I am so glad that Gremlin (the little he/she  :evillaugh:) is on the mend!  :Luv: ;)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2007, 19:15:41 PM »
Gremlin is a boy..?????  :wow:

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2007, 08:40:54 AM »
Gremlin is alot better you will be glad to know!! And yes the mum of our welfare officer (vet nurse) looks like taking her on..if she continues to improve.

ALSO... not sure if you knew this but i am sure that Gremlin is a HE rather then a SHE! at least thats what the vet told us. I was sure her markings were tortie but really not more a dilute tortie with grey and brown, black colour, semi long haired... So perhaps not a true tortie colour, more tabby!
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2007, 08:10:48 AM »
Aww, fingers crossed she improves and can go to her new home, and so good you have caught so many, and found some of them homes. Fingers crossed for all the black kittens, you might be lucky and find lots of people who dont believe in the black cats being unlucky thing, there are people who like black cats.
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2007, 18:20:51 PM »
YEAYYYY! Got to admit to liking Gremlins little expression a lot. Glad she's improving.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2007, 15:08:51 PM »
I'll keep my fingers crossed, I'm a sucker for a little tortie face!

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2007, 15:07:01 PM »
Gremlin has been allowed out from the vets on meds. It's going to be a long haul, but initial signs are her bowels are starting to reduce in size. She still needs an enema to go to the loo which in the long term isn't good news, but there's also a chance she may recover.  :)

But there has been a real scramble to adopt her.  :evillaugh: :Luv: Even the vet wanted her! In the end, I think the winner was the mother of a vet nurse. She'll be able to monitor Gremlin's health and administer meds, IF she improves to the extent she can leave our care.  8)

We just have to keep on waiting and praying...  :sigh: :blow kiss:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2007, 14:54:58 PM »
how's my little gremlin?

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2007, 14:08:49 PM »
Another one rehomed!!  :cheer: :cheer: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy:

A friend of one of our volunteers heard about the Chislet babes and enquired about getting a ratter or 2.  :sneaky: They've got a big area of woodland and aggie land at the back of their house and wanted some pest controllers, but on provision that they would be friendly and come in the house for a tickle and a snooze on the duvet.  ;) Well, that sounds like they wanted a regular cat to me, so I sent them this pic. They were caught hook, line and sinker!  :yes: :evillaugh: Case closed!  :)

Felix is number 3 we have rehomed from this lot and goes tomorrow!  :blow kiss: :yesss:

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2007, 23:04:35 PM »
that little gingers eyes look so sad  :(

and  :omg: how impossibly cute are those little white pawses of stripes!!!  (i have a thing about paws...  :innocent: )

oh i wish i was closer. but its probably best i'm not.   but they're just too overwhelmingly gorgeous!!!!!!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2007, 16:52:29 PM »
 :heeee heeee: give yourself a pat on the back  :pat: :pat: :pat:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2007, 16:29:17 PM »
She is relieved, alright - relieved of about 20 kittens!  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2007, 14:01:25 PM »
Good work   :wow: i bet the stable lady is relieved!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2007, 13:59:22 PM »
PB if a couple of little black babies appeared on the doorstep what could I do!!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2007, 13:25:22 PM »
That's a mighty fine job your doing there PB....keep up the good work & make sure you put your feet up when you have time  ;)

All my best wishes to Gremlin also  :Luv:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2007, 12:28:00 PM »
Latest ickle trophies.  :Luv:

We've now got Spot's sister, Stripe, who is a being a little difficult and hissing at her brother. But she's still only 7 weeks so will come round in a few days.

We also got the remaining ginger girl. It must be unusual to get 3 ginger females in one litter?  :-: I've now neutered around 80% of the adults, and most of the rest are feeding little ones or heavily pregnant, so we're leaving it for a few weeks.

Little Gremlin remains at the vets and still poorly. We're all praying for her as everyone is in love. Stumpy 2 is now on Catchat hoping for an understanding, and fairly well off home as he'll probably need the rest of that leg amputated as he grows up. We also sent a batch to Bredhurst last week.

Still have oodles of small black kittens due to be ready over the next week is peeps are interested?  :wow: :evillaugh:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2007, 18:18:54 PM »
MAybe Shadow and I can come down to help. You guard us Mark, and Shadow will find the cats and make friends with them :rofl: :rofl: :rofl More seriously though, if I can help I am happy to come down tomorrow afternoon latish.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2007, 17:11:20 PM »
Well that was fun. We went into Boots chemists as its next to the arcade to ask about access to the rear. The helpful (not) woman said go round the block to the post office, there is an alley at the far end, cut down the alley and its at the end. So 10 minutes later, with poor Julie walking in front getting covered in spiders webs etc we got there. a shared yard with Boots  >:(  - why she couldn't have let us out the back door I don't know. Anyway, we spoke to some landscapers and they said there are loads of cats and a lady feeds them. She has 4 indoor cats but feeds all the cats in the area. We were none the wiser as the back area gets locked at night and would be very iffy and scarey at night - littered with empty bottles, cans etc so obviously where the teenagers congregate :scared:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 17:12:55 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Super Cat
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2007, 07:41:17 AM »
HI all
I do not think the Whitstable cats are poorly just abit worse for wear living rough. I am told they are a few months old, for all we know that may mean anything.. If you see the mum we need to get her spayed.. I would just suss the situation out then we can devise a plan.... Some people give us a load of old twaddle, so cannot rely on third or second hand reports... Apparently there are not the only ones there either.. But some may belong to people...

Let us hope its not that bad!
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2007, 01:34:02 AM »
I am sure we will sort these Whitstable kitties, as we usually do. But arms may be broken in the process.  :sneaky: We wrote to all the nearby rescues and only Bredhurst responded. They said they'd be willing to take some more, but we can't really send them oodles of black kittens - cute as they are.  :Luv:

I will compose a nice letter and ask Sharon to send it. If all our neighbouring rescues could take just one pair, the problem is sorted.  :shy:

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2007, 01:15:12 AM »
:( your just too far from me
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2007, 23:52:46 PM »
I've got a spare room and can make them comfy. I do not have time (due to commuting) to commit to intensive care. If they need some intensive care over the weekend and would then be fine to be alone during the day I can do it no worries. So vacancies, but little time. Happy to help where I can. Or perhaps I could take on some of the other healthier kitties and these could go to a fosterer who is at home ...

That would make sense  ;D

I guess the main thing is getting them out of danger then sort out logistics later.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2007, 23:51:30 PM »
I will have to squeeze it in as & when As I have people checking out and have to get a room and rest of the house ready for the weekend lot. Give me a call when you are in Herne bay and I can nip out for 1/2 hour - I wish I could do more but haven't got the time  :(

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2007, 23:33:02 PM »
Mark, if you need a hand, I will be at Animal House dropping of the dynamic duo at around 10am. I can easily swing past Whitstable on the way back... ;)

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2007, 23:25:47 PM »
I've got a spare room and can make them comfy. I do not have time (due to commuting) to commit to intensive care. If they need some intensive care over the weekend and would then be fine to be alone during the day I can do it no worries. So vacancies, but little time. Happy to help where I can. Or perhaps I could take on some of the other healthier kitties and these could go to a fosterer who is at home ...

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2007, 23:19:51 PM »
Are you serious BC, because I am taking a look tomorrow. One of Sharon's friends said they are in a bad way. There was no point in me going tonight as I don't even have a torch (note to self  woolworths, torch, tomorrow) If they are there and they have somewhere to go, I can nab them and maybe Caroline can take them for a matter of hours (TBA) - they may need to go to a vet? - I hope they are OK. I will take some food and a cage down - its only 5 minutes walk from here but dark round the back.

Don't know how old

" four feral kittens that are hiding around the back of the amusement arcade in Whit. They look a bit worse for wear"
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 23:22:36 PM by Mark »

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2007, 22:58:26 PM »
still got room at my place

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2007, 22:11:46 PM »
PB - you haven't heard about 4 more feral kittens (apparently) behind the amusement arcade in Whitstable High Street yet?. Where will they go?  :scared:

:omg: :what: :garf:  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Any idea how old they are?  :-:

I am somehow going to have to find another local rescue, or branch, to take these small ones.  :tired: Perhaps I will call upon our regional coordinator for her thoughts?  :sneaky: Poor Sharon has got enough on her plate and no one wants this amount of black kittens in one go anyway.  :(

After that we'll take a look at this Whitstable thing.  ;D

It's all go....  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2007, 22:03:09 PM »
PB - you haven't heard about 4 more feral kittens (apparently) behind the amusement arcade in Whitstable High Street yet?. Where will they go?  :scared:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2007, 21:38:48 PM »
We are doing really well at notching up the neuter numbers. I count 11 done with about 4 known regulars to go.  ;)

But I am not allowed to mention the 'k' word anymore.  :censored:  :evillaugh: I'm going to have a number of small black fluff balls either next week or the week after. This is due to 1 mum keeping her batch of babies in someone's shed up the road. (aged about 6 weeks) And the litter from the caravan, also nearly 6 weeks. Of course, it'll be muggins who won't be able to refuse to take them. And if I just let them wonder off into the bushes again, all my hard work is for nothing.  :Nooooo:  But, our rehoming has dried up, all fosterers are clogged, so they'll have to go in the bathroom again..!  :Crazy: :scared:

:yesss: Roll up! Roll up!  :gimme: You can have your  :censored: in any colour so long as they're black!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2007, 08:43:41 AM »
you're doing an amazing job pb, I love little gremlin I hope she is better soon

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2007, 06:53:14 AM »
spot is adorable. Glad to hear things are getting under control :Luv:

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2007, 22:13:37 PM »
too much gorgeousness, i cant take any more!!!!!

all the little kit pics just break my heart and i want them all.....  ooooooohhhhhhhhh  *stamps feet in tantrum cos i want them!!*

you have done such a good job with them, well done!!

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2007, 21:57:21 PM »
This is the latest little one. I've called him Spot.  :evillaugh: He's about 6 weeks.  :Luv:

They are all doing fine as far as I know. But I've been really lucky in respect that some of our CP fosterers are taking care of a lot of them. On friday, a batch of kittens will be going to our local rehoming centre, Bredhurst, who have kindly agreed to help us out.  :blow kiss:

I don't think there's any more little ones on site - apart from Spot's sibling and maybe a bigger ginger if I can get near him. And the rest of the cats are getting too nervy now. So we're going to have a break of a couple of weeks after this weekend.

Tally so far... 10 cats neutered and 16 kittens rescued.  :innocent:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2007, 20:34:56 PM »
Have only just come across this thread, just wanted to say what a great job you're doing Pinkbear.  How are you and the little ones doing?  :hug:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 20:35:58 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2007, 19:21:36 PM »
I have to say when I first saw little Gremlin, I thought she only had hours left. A very poorly young kitten indeed.  :'( She's about half the size she should be for that age. Don't know what went wrong other than Diane said her mother was killed in an RTA when she was just over a month old. She didn't get cleaned, and missed mother's milk so it's probably nutritional and bacteria I would think.

I'm praying she pulls through because she's such a striking looking kitten. Her coat is a perfect blend of ginger tinged with black, so it looks almost gold.  :Luv:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2007, 19:19:05 PM »
Poor little Gremlin. She is such a feisty little girl - lets hope its nothing bad  :ahh:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2007, 18:13:29 PM »
Fingers crossed for her.
Please spay your cat

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2007, 16:29:30 PM »
poor little mite. hope she pulls through :hug:

• Super Cat
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2007, 16:22:43 PM »
I know that Pink Bear is out at the moment.. But Gremlin isnt that well and vet needs to see her tomorrow and possibly do XRAY, she is eating fine, but her belly is very swollen.. Despite anti inflamatory, antibotics and other meds....She hasnt got alot better..

Link to CatChat