Author Topic: Just had a cat thrown at me  (Read 10660 times)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
Re: Just had a cat thrown at me
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2007, 21:32:00 PM »
Heres the beautiful girl ; I think she is NO 63

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2007, 21:26:34 PM »
Just a bump to say that one woman can not fund the care of 60 cats.

Please, Purrs members, can you send an immediate donation to Paws Inn, no matter how little you can afford?  Any better-off members might consider sending more?  Teresa may be a saint but she cannot make money grow on trees.

If you would like to make a donation to Paws Inn you can do so securely through: http://www.pawsinncats.com/donate.htm

I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2007, 21:22:07 PM »
How about Ebony - Ebby or Ebbs for short.

At least this little babe is safe now God love her and you too Teresa xxxxxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2007, 21:12:59 PM »
NinjaTron?

No? Friend of mine just had a baby and for about 2 days the poor thing was called NinjaTron till they decided on Liam John....

How about Kaylee?

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2007, 21:09:57 PM »
Just realised I haven`t updated on the poor kitten that was thrown at me; shot out when Grumpy came home and bought another collapsible pen so she is now lying in warmth and comfort in my hall, havent had chance to take apic, but shes a little black girl about 5months old with a huge wormy belly or at least I hope its only worms, I have wormed her today so will see what comes out. No name yet either.

How about Gaby?  It is an archangels nickname  :Luv:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2007, 21:06:25 PM »
selina, goddess of the moon who walks at night...

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2007, 21:04:10 PM »
Poor litttle thing, ahem name .......Wormy................noooooo thats sick sorry  :sick:

Wilamena?

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2007, 21:02:42 PM »
Just realised I haven`t updated on the poor kitten that was thrown at me; shot out when Grumpy came home and bought another collapsible pen so she is now lying in warmth and comfort in my hall, havent had chance to take apic, but shes a little black girl about 5months old with a huge wormy belly or at least I hope its only worms, I have wormed her today so will see what comes out. No name yet either.

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2007, 20:52:44 PM »
Had to refresh a few times for my computer to pick it up but mine's acting funny anyways.

Hope it helps get the word out and gets T some more help!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2007, 20:48:33 PM »
Grrrrrrrrrrrr cant seee the link unless I drop the level of security on my puter. MY spy catcher already blocked two spy bots just by clicking on it  >:(

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2007, 20:44:31 PM »
I really have emailed the Prime Minister and told him some home truths about the hundreds of us that give up our lives and homes for all these poor strays;I have asked him to do something.
I have also reminded him that although he is a very busy man , he has the luxury of eating meals,  sleeping  and a family life which I dont so he can find time to reply to someone busier than him.
Next thing he will be moaning ex rescuers are a drain on NHS because we are all collapsed in a heap.

Here is a recent newspaper article about Paws Inn
http://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/news/districtnews/weaverhamhartfordlittleleigh/weaverhamhartfordlittleleigh/display.var.1683408.0.we_need_your_help_at_centre.php afraid the picture doesnt show on link.

A little good news Izabella was feeling better about an hour ago and when I went to feed the babies she was feeding them- a huge relief but I will keep a very vigilant eye.

The & nightmare kittens have lacerated my hands,I have to feed them all seperately in cat carriers and when they see them and food they scrabble at pen door ripping me as I try to open it,at least they are litter trained now and doing solid poop; It will all get better in time;but for all of us rescues its a never ending nightmare right now.
Thanks everyone for your support, I really need it right now
Tx

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2007, 20:04:27 PM »
I too will donate on payday, although I really can't afford much. If everyone did, I'm sure it would add up to a reasonable amount!

The greatest ocean is made up of single drops of water.

:hug: to all who are rallying round Teresa in her (and her little patients') hour of desperate need.

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2007, 19:57:02 PM »
I too will donate on payday, although I really can't afford much. If everyone did, I'm sure it would add up to a reasonable amount!

Take care T xx
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2007, 19:40:45 PM »
That's fab. Just a reminder to everyone that if you would like to make a donation to Paws Inn you can do so securely through:

http://www.pawsinncats.com/donate.htm

I have just used that myself and it seems to be working OK  ;D
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 20:30:04 PM by Christine (Blip) »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2007, 19:35:06 PM »
Sharon

If you use the contact us on this site T will tell you  ;D

http://www.pawsinncats.com/

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2007, 19:31:29 PM »
Oh my....despite working part time and being kind of self employed as well running CP branch for the last few months (and I am not even the co ordinator) has been emotionally hard.... We are only a small branch of CP and do our best with great volunteers and helpers, but i dont know on earth how Teresa does this all.... She is truly a saint.......for animal rescue... But as i told one of our volunteers a while ago "we cannot help them all" we can just ry to relieve the pain and suffering of our feline friends and hopefully with us all doing the same thing, we do more as a whole...

I get so wound up in trying to do the best as in dear Conker who i have "saved" twice from being PTS and fantastic Jesiri who has literally risen from the ashes of death to be a lovely, affectionate cat that deserves a good life.. Those are good days but we all have bad ones as well.

Take care all at Paws you do a wonderful job and an example to us all..

If someone can tell me where i can send a chq, i would like to make donation to help your needs...  My pusscats can wait on the Cat tree i promised them for another month........

Sharon
Canterbury CP
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2007, 19:13:54 PM »
That's fab. Just a reminder to everyone that if you would like to make a donation to Paws Inn you can do so securely through:

http://www.pawsinncats.com/donate.htm

That was well said C, Thanks x

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2007, 19:09:09 PM »
I'll do it on payday next week.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 19:06:40 PM »
These other rescues must be told that enough is enough.

I am doing that for Teresa, BC.

I will say this though, whilst I believe that you are a miracle on this earth and you bring inspiration to all of us, you are only human [. ...] I'd love to help if there's any way that I can.

Teresa wont say this, so I shall.  She is, I hope, going to find a couple of minutes to post up a link to an article in her local paper in which she appeals for practical and financial assistance.

How can one woman fund the care of 60 cats?

I would appeal to Purrs members to send an immediate donation to Paws Inn, no matter how little you can afford.  Any better-off members might consider sending more?  Teresa may be a saint but she cannot make money grow on trees.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 18:51:48 PM »
T, write to all the other rescues, keep copies of the letters, and tell them that your address is not to be provided to anyone without your prior permission. Tell them they are in breach of the law for doing this. I so wish I lived nearby so I could give you a hand, you must be staggering with exhaustion at this stage. Please, give yourself some rest and care. I could say just don't open the door, but then they would just leave the cat in a box on the step. These other rescues must be told that enough is enough. If they are having difficulties, they must be made to understand you are not any better off than they.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 19:03:04 PM by blackcat »

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 18:31:44 PM »
Hi T it's Amy here. Thought I needed to add my support, as I'm sure everyone on here does. I've only worked in rescue for 6 months and it's opened my eyes to what an evil world it is sometimes. Even though I started in rescue to give a couple of the very few hours I have to spare, I have found myself doing vet-runs, covering, sorting website stuff out (and learning web-design so we can have our own website), organising fundraising stuff and taking time off work to help.

This is a drop in the ocean compared to what you and others like you do. I do it though because I can see that it doesn't end. I've seen the lady who runs our rescue at the end of her tether on many occasions. We're only allowed to take 12 cats at the shelter, but there is a waiting list that goes on forever and, of course the morons who turn up on the doorstep with a kitten who's about to have her 4th (yes 4th!) litter.

I will say this though, whilst I believe that you are a miracle on this earth and you bring inspiration to all of us, you are only human. If you get sick, what happens to the 60 cats then? You do need support and you do need to keep saying "no". I'm really glad that people on here can help you, even if it's in just a small way. I'm out of your area, unfortunately, but again, like so many others on here, I'd love to help if there's any way that I can.

Thanks again for being such a wonderful person xx
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 18:12:56 PM »
Poor you T take care honey.  >:(what an evil person to throw a kitten at you too.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 18:02:56 PM »
This is all so sad but it has been building all year.

I know that we on Purrs would all like to help but also know that most are not in a position to do so. I dont know what the answer is, I wish I did.

Welll certainly the constant breeding of kittens or even more the not neutering is a major problem..

There is also education and in schools the message needs to be passed about getting cats neutered and that a cat is for life, children are are a great way of getting the message across.

I applaud all you who have the strength to do rescue work and manage to continue financially..........Purrs can only help a little and we try to do what we can .

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2007, 17:20:40 PM »
I have this afternoon spoken to one of the rescues involved and just need to check the specific branches of the other two with Teresa.

:hug:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 15:19:20 PM »
That rescue, CP, Rspca are all passing this way.

That is so unfair, I am sure they know the position, it happens to us all the time. Other CP groups, the RSPCA and other rescues. The only other number I ever give out is the HQ sponsored shelter in Derby and even then I always tell people that they have a waiting list although shorter than ours but if for any reason they wont put the cat on their list to get back to me immediately. Any drop dead emergencies we always deal ourselves and that is why we like you I expect are so full.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 14:33:19 PM »
Oh, T I know exactly how you are feeling.  I only have 44 in at the moment but in a private house with no outside facilities, they take up every nook and cranny, crates here, there and everywhere and it has reached breaking point here and for me as well. 

I know you hate to say "no" but for the sake of those in your care, as for those in mine, at some point we have to concentrate on the ones we have.  There comes a time when we can take too many and then, if we fall ill due to the stress and the constant demands put on us, who is going to look after them all then.

The general public see their cat as the only one that needs taking in and they CANNOT comprehend the pressure all rescues are under this year.  I feel it is my fault that some of my kittens are not feeling well, but it is not due to my care, it is due to the indiscriminate breeding of litter after litter and then passing them onto someone else when they realise they cannot sell them and it is costing them money to actually keep them. :censored:  :censored:  The kittens we help rarely have the best start in life and we are left to pick up the pieces which puts even more strain on us - if only we always got the healthy ones!!

Take a deep breath T, look at those 60 cats in your care and think how they are alive due to the wonderful work that you do.  I know you would like to help every cat that comes your way or is reported to you and I know you do your best to do that.  BUT to be able to do that you have to be healthy as well and working yourself into the ground to help one more will affect all those 60.  You have said "no" - I know it didn't work this time - don't feel guilty for saying no, there are 60 cats that you did not say no to and that's 60 more than some other people have helped.

Keep your chin up, Teresa, I do know what it is like and sometime it feels never ending, I have felt like that just now, but we must be proud of what we have done even if we think it is not enough.

Sorry to go on.  Thinking of you.

Lesley x
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 14:20:33 PM »
I have just sent an email to the Prime Minister

Good for you.  What did you tell him?

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 14:13:34 PM »
Oh Teresa. Will PM you T.  :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 14:09:44 PM »
I have just sent an email to the Prime Minister

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 13:52:49 PM »
Whats the point in saying no when people throw the animal at you and run.

I have been feeling ill for a while now and plodded on saying to people I`m ok, I just cant keep this up I just dont have the strength.

Will you PM me the contact details for those three ressues please?

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 13:45:33 PM »
How awful for you T  :(  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 13:44:31 PM »
Oh T, what a horrible thing!
I've only got 15 cats here - including my own but for me thats too many and I am constantly cleaning and feeding in between other things. People do not realise what a huge commitment it is caring for so many animals. Luckily I've not had any left on my door yet, though as my details spread out , I'm sure that wll happen. Even people on this forum who are not involved in rescue and read about the struggle we have do not realise the enormity of the problem out there.
If you (get the chance to) refuse another cat then its your fault and selfishness not the owners. It is not letting up and is getting worse. I think we are all nearing the end of our tethers. Something has to be done and I'm not sure what can be done. If its not the lack of time and space then its lack of funding.

We need stricter laws in place, people to police them (I would love to be able to seize mother cats and kittens from anyone not licensed to breed!). All animals should be chipped by law

One of my favourite sayings at the moment is that you must choose the battles you fight, perhaps the only way we can cope is by getting harder and accepting that PTS for the old and sick may be an option so that we can concentrate on controlling what is happening out there so that in the long run we can help things for the better.
Can' believe I said that but thats how I am feeling at the moment. Perhaps I should go and get fitted for my RSPCA uniform. :-[ (I would if I thought they would actually introduce some proper measures and controls).

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 13:36:46 PM »
The nearest rescue to me has been closed down due to virus by their vet and they are only interested in grey and ginger kittens.

Whats the point in saying no when people throw the animal at you and run.

I have been feeling ill for a while now and plodded on saying to people I`m ok, I just cant keep this up I just dont have the strength.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 13:29:42 PM »
Thats terrible T but now you have learned NO, you must keep using it for a while.

There comes a point where enough is enough as you know and it sounds like you have reached that point, arent there any other rescues in your area that you could say to peeps , try there?

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
Just had a cat thrown at me
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 13:23:40 PM »
I am at the end of my tether, I answered the door this morning and a woman stood there holding a 5 month old kitten; for the first time ever I said sorry I have no room; she took the kitten from inside her zipped jacket threw it at me and said I found it 2 days ago and my dog doesnt want it as she fled down the path.
This happened as I was rushing to get Izabella and her babies for a vet appointment and I was forced to leave the kitten in a carrier. I have the 7 kittens whose feeding habits are causing hell and now I have Izabellas 5 kittens who need surrogate feeding as Izabella has developed mastitis. I have over 60 cats in care.
Theres a man on the phone wanting me to get the stray from his garden, my number is being given out by every rescue for miles around and while I have been at vets and sorting kitten feeds the answerphone has filled up again, not to mention the endless stream of idiots who keep emailing.
I guess I learnt to say no and look what happens.

Link to CatChat