Author Topic: Lucas - FIV Stray  (Read 3377 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Lucas - FIV Stray
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2007, 13:37:39 PM »
Just had to open this thread up cos im happy to say that Cheesecat Dawn has offered to foster this little one.....how very kind of you  :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2007, 02:53:52 AM »
My dogs have knackered all the handles up on all doors even my patio doors, they have not only broke the handle but also the lock  :censored:   Zak my shepherd X can also push handles up and often lifts the latch on the gate with his nose  :sneaky:  I always have to tell people to ring before they come cos if I'm out, he will open the door and let my cats out  :tired:  I have decided when the dogs go, no more unless it's one I don't know is there, doesn't scare everyone away but that can be a good thing sometimes  ;) and doesn't open my doors  >:(  I love them to bits but out of all the dogs we've ever owned, these two are the worse combination  :tired:

Fingers crossed for Lucas, I may have a word with a friend of mine who's going to take Jasper and Charlotte.  She has huge pens and he would be safe from harms way up there but it all depends on whether or not she can sort a pen out for him.  I have to keep him caged at the moment and I hate doing that to him as he's so used to his freedom  :(  He doesn't seem unhappy though and I think he's just grateful for a comfy warm bed and regular food.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2007, 02:30:55 AM »
My doggie loves opening doors too so i have a couple of doors with the handles upside down to keep him out of  ;)

My birdie room & the kitchen.....birdie room for obvious reasons & the kitchen cos he kept eating the cat food......my house must look strange as its got a cat flap in the kitchen door also  :Crazy:

Ooo fingers crossed DD that Dawn may be available for him  :wish:
Dawn Cheescat from the other thread  ;)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 02:47:21 AM by Ruth (Bazsmum) »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007, 01:39:30 AM »
I do feel sorry for him bless him.  He's in the shed at the moment so ideally could do with a foster home until he's found somewhere.  He has the 3 feral tabbies, their mum and Charlotte and Jasper to look at now but it would be great for him to get a home where he's going to get lots of tlc and be number one.  If I could find a way of banning the other cats out of the kids room, he could maybe move into there but I'll have to also think of a way to stop the dogs going in and opening the door  :tired:  He's in good health at the moment and is eating really well and ideally it would be great if he could be rehomed with another.  I'm not sure what he'll be like with other cats though, he seems really sweet natured but does have a few scars but  these could be to do with fighting for food as he did have a habit of breaking in through cat flaps so he was obviously hungry.  I'm going to get a better picture of him and put him on my homing page and see what happens.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2007, 23:39:27 PM »
What a pity  :(  :hug:

Good Luck for finding a new home Lucas  :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 23:21:51 PM »
Lucas is absolutely fine but I had the Glasgow results back yesterday and sadly he is positive.  I've got a few people asking around and trying to get a home for him so fingers crossed he won't wait too long.

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 11:37:03 AM »
How's Lucas doing Dawn?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 11:05:08 AM »
The results should be fairly quick coming through.  Sean said this morning I would have been better just getting the Glasgow test to start and not bother with the Snap Test, but I never thought at the time  :tired:  I doubt he'll be too difficult to rehome, he is gorgeous and everyone who's seen him have commented on him.   The pic doesn't do him justice, and he is a gorgeous Grey/white and he is a fairly big cat.  Fingers crossed he'll be negative but if not, that he'll find a loving home quickly.  I've already put a few feelers out and the vets and vet nurses are going to put the word out as well  ;)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 08:10:05 AM »
I do hope he isn't waiting long, bless him. Glad his bloods came back fine.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 21:00:38 PM »
Ooo great news......im sending stronger vibes now for more good news  :hug: ;)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 20:20:36 PM »
Good news up to now.......he's been back in the vets and had a blood profile done, this has come back fine  :)  Just got to wait a few days for his FIV test results now  :shify:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 23:50:11 PM »
He is so handscome and hope there is some good news

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 23:43:01 PM »
Sending positive vibes for this lovely man ~~~~~~  :hug: ;)

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 21:27:31 PM »
Arr, he's a sweetie.
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 21:10:48 PM »
He looks lovely Dawn. Keeping fingers crossed and please keep us posted

x

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 19:07:15 PM »
Fingers crossed for this darling

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Lucas - FIV Stray
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 03:15:52 AM »
This gorgeous boy has been called Lucas  :Luv:  This is the stray cat that was trapped on Thursday and we assumed him to be a feral.  He's approx 10 years old and a real softie.  Sadly, he's had 2 FIV tests done and both have come back positive but he will be having another test sometime next week and that will be sent off to Glasgow for confirmation.  He also needs to have a blood profile done and a test for Diabetes, his glucose levels were raised so the vet is a little concerned that he may also have Diabetes and possibly other problems.  Anyway, I'm hoping his bloods next week won't be too bad but I'm feeling a little negative at the moment about it.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 03:21:54 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Link to CatChat