Author Topic: Getting worse each day  (Read 2745 times)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
Re: Getting worse each day
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 09:19:14 AM »
Fingers crossed things improve, and the lady with the unspayed cats finds somewhere else.
We have picked up a bit on homing in the last two or three weeks so we can see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel but we would just like some normal healthy cats in for a change. We seem to be getting all the poor souls who have health problems or are difficult for other reasons, we have 3 FIV cats, one poorly old soul who has problems with her legs and was at death's door when we took her in, a kiiten with a poorly eye, an adult blind in one eye from an injury he got while a stray and now one of our long stayers has been disgnosed as diabetic. Never mind we will get the right homes for them however long it takes.

Ann these are the ones I usually get and  yippee because they are the ones who need the most help. Keep up the Good Work  :)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 08:15:50 AM »
Fingers crossed things improve, and the lady with the unspayed cats finds somewhere else.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 22:19:46 PM »
We have picked up a bit on homing in the last two or three weeks so we can see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel but we would just like some normal healthy cats in for a change. We seem to be getting all the poor souls who have health problems or are difficult for other reasons, we have 3 FIV cats, one poorly old soul who has problems with her legs and was at death's door when we took her in, a kiiten with a poorly eye, an adult blind in one eye from an injury he got while a stray and now one of our long stayers has been disgnosed as diabetic. Never mind we will get the right homes for them however long it takes.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 18:16:18 PM »
I'm sure some of these people do this just to give you the guilt trip and then when they phone back you jump aty taking their cats so that you know they are safe.  Teresa, you are doing all you can and it is not your fault all these cats needs home.  Don't let the  :censored: unload their guilt on to you.

Take care,

Lesley xxxx

Tottally agree. Hun ya do so much for our needy ones don;t let anyone ever make ya feel guity.  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: (did ya notice the deliberate speeling misteak, to make ya laugh  :evillaugh:)

I've been really lucky, got five going this week and all but three of my others are all reserved.  Should be able to take in kittens with the new pen coming.  If anybody is desperate hubby is away on Saturday so I can take some in then - he is hoping for a break following the mad season that we have had this year, but I have to make use of the new pen don't I!!

Hee heee i'm coming Harry lad  ;D ;D ;D ;D See ya on Thursday  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 18:17:10 PM by Tan »

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 18:05:20 PM »
Its strange but we are not busy at all. I have one foster left thats it and she goes in sept too.

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 16:48:27 PM »
I'm sure some of these people do this just to give you the guilt trip and then when they phone back you jump aty taking their cats so that you know they are safe.  Teresa, you are doing all you can and it is not your fault all these cats needs home.  Don't let the  :censored: unload their guilt on to you.

Take care,

Lesley xxxx
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 16:43:34 PM »
Have just had a call to take 4 unspayed females and 2 tiny kittens and because I told woman I could not take them today she refused to give details, says she will phone back if no one else will take them. Now I am left worried sick and she has witheld her phone no. :(

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 15:12:41 PM »
I've been really lucky, got five going this week and all but three of my others are all reserved.  Should be able to take in kittens with the new pen coming.  If anybody is desperate hubby is away on Saturday so I can take some in then - he is hoping for a break following the mad season that we have had this year, but I have to make use of the new pen don't I!!
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 14:54:36 PM »
Our CP has had a very busy weekend, too.  :(

It feels like all the other rescues around us have stopped working and we're getting ALL the calls. Over the weekend, we took in 2 sick cats, 1 unwanted healthy one that was in real danger of being dumped and had pleas to take a further 4 which have been added to our waiting list. We've just no more room...  :(

Hopefully, we'll see increased homing enquiries as the kids go back to school?  :innocent:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
Getting worse each day
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 14:38:41 PM »
Had to turn down 4 adult cats this morning,they are in a place of safety for the next 4 weeks, they are also miles out of this area;when I questioned the woman the youngest of her brood was 8 months and a recent addition from a rescue- whats wrong with people taking on a life they so quickly dismiss -and surely  the rescue could have been a bit more careful they have refused to take kitten back.

Just been called about a feral colony 4 adults and 4x 12 week old kittens,better start counting my fingers as the kittens will be coming in not quite sure where yet but they are needy also those adults need neutering asap.

Phone is flashing battery low, yippee phone is dying before my eyes.

Link to CatChat